AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Adding additional custom flags to Sourcemod (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183079)

Kjaer 04-16-2012 23:03

Adding additional custom flags to Sourcemod

I was wondering, is it possible to add addtional custom flags to sourcemod through /config/admin_levels.cfg or even possible at all? Any help would be nice.

Bacardi 04-17-2012 08:08

Re: Adding additional custom flags to Sourcemod

Not really.

x00 04-17-2012 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjaer (Post 1690819)
I was wondering, is it possible to add addtional custom flags to sourcemod through /config/admin_levels.cfg or even possible at all? Any help would be nice.

Maybe, take a look at this.
Get the complete source here.

-x00

marty3 07-04-2012 07:59

I search too

psychonic 07-04-2012 12:01

You can't add new custom flags, but you can use admin groups and admin group overrides to create the same effect.

rhelgeby 07-04-2012 18:12

In this case I find the admin system in SourceMod somewhat limited. It would probably be better with named permissions in a hierarchy. A permission entry could look something like this:
Code:

"Permissions"
{
    "MyPermissionGroup"
    {
        "myPlugin.theFeature.anAction" "deny"
    }
}

Then plugins would be able to define custom permissions in this global namespace. Basically a similar system as Bukkit Permissions in Minecraft where you get full control of any feature in any plugin.

asherkin 07-04-2012 18:48

Minus the hierarchy (although there is grouping), that's exactly what you can do with the extended system.
People get confused enough as it is using just basic overrides.

Dr. McKay 07-04-2012 19:23

I really don't like the Bukkit style of permissions. When I install a plugin, I want to be able to just override its commands to a flag or two. I don't want to have to go into my permissions file and add an entry for each individual group that I want to have access.

psychonic 07-04-2012 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1743502)
I really don't like the Bukkit style of permissions. When I install a plugin, I want to be able to just override its commands to a flag or two. I don't want to have to go into my permissions file and add an entry for each individual group that I want to have access.

The six provided custom flags are meant for that kind of easiness. Group overrides are then also available if you need something beyond that.

minimoney1 07-05-2012 03:25

I never got group overrides to work. (Also heard from some people that they never got it working either)
I don't know if this is a bug with SQL admins (pretty sure it's not as I tested with flatfile as well) or if it's a bug with the command grouping feature of Sourcemod (might be this).