AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D & L4D2] Tank Vote (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=104696)

AtomicStryker 09-26-2009 10:58

[L4D & L4D2] Tank Vote

15 Attachment(s)
A Plugin to have L4D Infected Players vote on who gets tank!

Support for bigger than 4 infected teams is there, but none for multiple tanks.

Requires Left4Downtown Extension and included gamedata file from L4DInfectedAPI to work.

There are no CVARs except the version

Changelog:
1.0.0 - Release
1.0.1 - should not trigger on frustrated tanks anymore
1.0.2 - replaced the entire L4D frustration mechanic with my own
1.0.3 - added fix for the manyplayer tank slot problem
1.0.4 - attempt to fix frustration
1.0.5 - more frustration
1.0.6 - L4D2 bugfixing
1.0.7 - rewritten to do logging, also tweaked some code

1.1.0 - Major Update. Now requires Left4Downtown Extension and L4DInfectedAPI gamedata file. But it works a lot better now, and even during finales (you vote before the Tank is coming).

p4tch3r 09-27-2009 15:07

Re: [L4D] Tank Vote

Hi Atomic,

Great idea, and the voting works fine.
We try it yesterday evening, but gave some problems with the other to spawn infected. I didn't get weird log messages, so i cant share them.
It seem it don't let or delays the infected spawns.

Other thing was we got kicked back to the lobby after 1 round. I aren't shure its this plug inn related, but just wanted to name it to.

This plug in is with the boomer extinguish and snare speak a great addition to the game play.

I am sure to use it when these problems are gone.

Greets from Holland.

AtomicStryker 09-27-2009 16:30

This does not interfere with Lobbies in any way, it doesn't alter Infected spawn rates either, your problems must originate in other plugins.

Skorpion1976 09-29-2009 06:49

Hi ! Is this working exclusively for "default" tanks that get spawned by the engine or also when using the "z_spawn tank" command?

AtomicStryker 09-29-2009 07:07

Should only trigger for Game Tanks - OR when for some reason any z_spawn tank is taken by a bot, and not a human

ddqj0428 09-30-2009 06:14

I installed this mod on my server the other day, tested it and found a problem. If the person loses control of the tank, it goes to the next person with 100% hp, everytime. I've been wanting this plugin for a while and will definitely use it if this problem is fixed. Thanks.

AtomicStryker 09-30-2009 09:58

Please state a little more clearly what is happening .. i suppose when a player gets frustrated and a bot is about to take over, the tank disappears, and a new tank vote initiates?

ddqj0428 09-30-2009 14:58

A vote is initiated for the original tank, if that person loses control another vote is initiated, the new person regains 100% hp.

AtomicStryker 09-30-2009 15:02

Already if the FIRST human player gets frustrated (and the SECOND one takes over)? Does the frustrated tank disappear?

ddqj0428 10-01-2009 05:36

A vote was initiated and I was voted as the Tank. I took damage as the tank, bringing my life down. I then ran away and lost control of the tank, and a new vote was initiated (to pass to another player). A new person took over as tank (after winning the 2nd vote), and when that tank spawned for them, he was back at 100% health.

Once again, the tank took damage, and when lost control and the new person took over, the tank was back to 100% health.

I cannot check this again because of the recent update problems w/ L4D, but I DID notice the Tank disappear when the 2nd vote was initiated.

Sorry for the confusion.