AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Better Vote Scramble (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=204746)

Dr. McKay 01-02-2013 23:05

[TF2] Better Vote Scramble

[TF2] Better Vote Scramble

v1.2.0

Description:
The stock TF2 vote scramble system scrambles the teams immediately when a vote passes. This plugin utilizes the stock scrambler to scramble teams when the round following a successful vote begins.

Players type !votescramble or votescramble, and once the command has been typed enough times (specified by a cvar), a menu-based vote appears. If the vote succeeds, the team scrambler will be scheduled for the beginning of the next round.

Cvars:
better_votescramble_version - plugin version
better_votescramble_percentage - percent of Yes votes required for a vote to pass (defaults to 0.6)
better_votescramble_votes_required - number of times the !votescramble command must be typed for the vote to appear (defaults to 3)
better_votescramble_auto_update - enables automatic updating (has no effect if Updater is not installed) (defaults to 1)

Installation:
Put votescramble.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins, and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load votescramble" into your console or rcon.

Auto Update:
Install Updater. The plugin will be auto-updated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.

Overrides:
If you want to restrict access to the !votescramble and votescramble commands, override 'votescramble' in admin_overrides.cfg.

Changelog:
  • v1.2.0 (8/3/13)
    • Moved scramble time to end of the round instead of the start of the next one, to prevent the round from starting twice
  • v1.1.0 (1/3/13)
    • Added ability to restrict access to !votescramble by overriding 'votescramble'
  • v1.0.0 (1/2/13)
    • Initial release

Download Plugin (votescramble.smx)
View Source (votescramble.sp)

Smarmy 01-02-2013 23:26

Re: [TF2] Better Vote Scramble

I approve of this plugin. Thanks McKay :)

This should have been standard in TF2 and allows us to remove gScramble from our server, thanks!

CuriousG 01-03-2013 13:25

How is this different than gScramble?

Dr. McKay 01-03-2013 14:26

gScramble hasn't been working properly. Plus I was requested to write this so that a community could remove gScramble completely and rely on the stock balancer, but they wanted on-demand voting.

Powerlord 01-03-2013 14:29

mp_scrambleteams has a nasty side-effect in that it resets team scores and rounds played (but not player scores iirc); something Valve's auto-scrambler doesn't do.

Chances are you actually want mp_scrambleteams 2, which keeps rounds intact:
Quote:

Fixed scrambleteams resetting how many rounds have been played
o Updated mp_scrambleteams to support a parameter of 2, which prevents resetting the number of rounds that have been played
When I stop being lazy and actually finish NativeVotes (plugin version of BuiltinVotes), chances are this is one of the votes that will appear in the TF2 Vote Manager I plan on writing for it. TF2 itself actually has a vote phrase for scrambling at the end of the round already (#TF_vote_should_scramble_round for use with the VoteStart usermessage), Valve just never implemented it.

That and I need a plugin to test NativeVotes's vote manager extension points.

island55 01-03-2013 16:18

this is great, can you either add to this plugin or make an entirely new plugin that has auto-balance like gscramble with all the options that gscramble had specifically for auto-balance? i myself am looking to alternate plugins to use so i can seperate myself from gscramble.

Dr. McKay 01-03-2013 16:29

Thanks Powerlord, I just changed it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by island55 (Post 1866390)
this is great, can you either add to this plugin or make an entirely new plugin that has auto-balance like gscramble with all the options that gscramble had specifically for auto-balance? i myself am looking to alternate plugins to use so i can seperate myself from gscramble.

Sorry, but I'm not planning on writing any actual team balancing/scrambling logic. In my opinion, the stock one is the best, which is why I wrote this.

island55 01-03-2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1866401)
Thanks Powerlord, I just changed it.

Sorry, but I'm not planning on writing any actual team balancing/scrambling logic. In my opinion, the stock one is the best, which is why I wrote this.

i havent yet tried the stock version of auto balance however i'm setting up configs now to use it so we'll see how this goes....

killjoy64 01-03-2013 18:42

can you make a cvar so only certain flags can !votescramble

Horsedick 01-03-2013 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by killjoy64 (Post 1866512)
can you make a cvar so only certain flags can !votescramble

use overrides