AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] SteamWorks Game Description Override (v1.1, 2016-06-17) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=252712)

Sarabveer 12-07-2014 20:23

[ANY] SteamWorks Game Description Override (v1.1, 2016-06-17)

[ANY] SteamWorks Game Description Override

v1.1

Description:
Since [TF2] SteamTools Game Description Override plugin uses SteamTools, which only officially supports TF2, I figured I'd go ahead and modify it so that it uses the SteamWorks Extension to change the game description.

Please use responsibly.

Cvars:
sw_gamedesc_override_version - Plugin Version
sw_gamedesc_override - Change this cvar to your desired game description (to reset, simply change it back to the default, such as "Team Fortress")

Installation:
Put sw_gamedesc_override.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load sw_gamedesc_override" into your console or rcon.

Requirements:
This plugin requires SteamWorks.

Changelog:
Quote:

1.1 - Recompiled with SM1.9-dev+5921
1.0 - Added Updater Support
0.1 - Initial Release
Downloads:

TUSK3N1337 12-08-2014 13:42

Re: [ANY] SteamWorks Game Description Override

Is there any downsides of changing the game description?

Sarabveer 12-08-2014 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUSK3N1337 (Post 2232600)

Not That I know of.

Powerlord 12-08-2014 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUSK3N1337 (Post 2232600)

Nope.

Do be aware that some plugins (particularly game mode plugins) will set the game description on their own.

Sarabveer 12-08-2014 19:28

Hey, whats the process of getting a plugin approved, I have followed all the guidelines in the Sticky, and I have marked For Review.

Mitchell 12-09-2014 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2232718)
Hey, whats the process of getting a plugin approved, I have followed all the guidelines in the Sticky, and I have marked For Review.

Plugin Approvers have a plugin on their private server which randomly pick New plugins, once they are picked a GetRandomInt(0,1337) is used. The number is used in a game of nuclear dawn, against real players. If the number picked ever comes up then you are automatically approved. It's a waiting game really. Depending on the approver depends on the game.

Powerlord 12-09-2014 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarabveer (Post 2232718)

The review queue still has a few plugins from 2010 in it and a LOT from 2012-2013. You posted this plugin 2 days ago.

Unless you've just taken over an existing plugin whose author abandoned it, your chances of the plugin getting approved any time soon is extremely slim.

Mitchell 12-09-2014 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 2232933)
Unless you've just taken over an existing plugin whose author abandoned it, your chances of the plugin getting approved any time soon is extremely slim.

I think this was dr.mckay's old-already-approved plugin that changed a few lines to use SteamWorks instead. (removed updater also)

Sarabveer 12-09-2014 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 2232926)
Plugin Approvers have a plugin on their private server which randomly pick New plugins, once they are picked a GetRandomInt(0,1337) is used. The number is used in a game of nuclear dawn, against real players. If the number picked ever comes up then you are automatically approved. It's a waiting game really. Depending on the approver depends on the game.

I see

kelvin31 12-10-2014 22:53

already installed " SteamWorks"
but still failed
Load erroe: Required extension "SteamWorks" file("SteamWorks.ext") not running