AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weapon Arena (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=395)

Johnny got his gun 03-21-2004 12:57

Weapon Arena

2 Attachment(s)
Lets admin start an "<insert your favourite weapon here> arena" which means that everyone will instantly be given specified weapon, and infinite (optional) ammo for it. By default no other weapons will be visible on ground in game. As long as Weapon Arena is enabled you can't change to any other weapon than the given one, grenades, knife or C4. Upon new round you will be given a new weapon, if you lost your previous... Upon default you will not even have to reload any clips - you will always have bullets to fire! This can be changed with a cvar.

...and more features.

Make sure to have these modules enabled:
  • fun
    cstrike
    engine
    fakemeta

Johnny got his gun 03-21-2004 13:14

Note: 1.3 doesn't work with AMXX 0.15, you need a newer version of AMXX. Either wait for newer release or compile cstrike+engine from repository yourself...

DoubleTap 03-21-2004 13:21

I know I have asked you this in AMX forums before. Can you possibly make this use multiple cvars so we can make mini random arena's ?

amx_weaponsarena 1 2 3 4 5

Allowing certain ones in and out of the cycle... this would be sweet and allow me to remove the shield which caused crashes in AMX.

Thanks,

Vic/DT

ToTaLKaosPaNcAk3 03-21-2004 22:54

can i download it yet?

MagicShot 03-21-2004 23:21

Oh yay..

Hes Fixing for AmxX!!!

This one is cool.. :P

Johnny got his gun 03-22-2004 02:04

Fixed, but you need a newer version of AMXX than packaged 0.15...
It no longer uses jghg2 module, but updated cstrike and updated engine.

Johnny got his gun 03-23-2004 07:46

A little teaser of what's for next version:

* "random" menu item was removed, and replaced by a new item that takes you to a new subset of menues, where you can tick off/on the weapons you want to be used for random mode. Have it choose between only pistols, snipers, knife, or whatever combination you want.
* All weapons are hided in-game, except the current Weapon Arena weapon. Ie you start P228 Arena, and at once all weapons on ground but P228 disappear. If you throw such a weapon it will also disappear (you can't even pick them up where they were). The weapons aren't destroyed though, if you change weapon only the new weapon will be shown. If you disable Weapon Arena all weapons will go visible again.

However there is probably no big deal releasing it until we get a new AMXX release out...

DoubleTap 03-23-2004 12:58

Sounds like a nice improvement... any chance for the cvars so I can make things specific in my Custom Map Configs ?

Vic/DT

Johnny got his gun 03-24-2004 03:28

Yes I am thinking about that, how to specify that from console/config files. RIght now it's way easier to do it ingame with menus.

I assume I will be doing something like this:

; a = DEAGLE
; b = SCOUT
; c = KNIFE
; d = .... and so on
; And then a command to set this:
weaponarena_randomweapons bc

Johnny got his gun 03-24-2004 09:47

1.4 is up, you need newer stuff than AMXX 0.15...