AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Humiliation Glow (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=187571)

Dr. McKay 06-15-2012 01:44

[TF2] Humiliation Glow

[TF2] Humiliation Glow

v1.1.2

Description:
Makes the losing team glow (outlines visible through walls) similar to the payload cart and the intelligence. This allows the winning team to track down and eliminate every surviving loser.

Cvars:
humiliation_glow_version - plugin version

Installation:
Put humiliationglow.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load humiliationglow" into your console or rcon.

Auto Update:
Install Updater. The plugin will be autoupdated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.

Changelog:
  • v1.1.0 (7/12/12)
    • Added ability to disable automatic updating
  • v1.0.0 (6/15/12)
    • Initial release

Download Plugin (humiliationglow.smx)
View Source (humiliationglow.sp)

Horsedick 06-16-2012 00:18

Re: [TF2] Humiliation Glow

very cool but at end of round an engi was blown up in the air..switched sides and he was still appearing to float on the screen or the outline that is so it works but that was a glitch.

Edit: looks like it would go away after about 1min

Dr. McKay 06-16-2012 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1729595)
very cool but at end of round an engi was blown up in the air..switched sides and he was still appearing to float on the screen or the outline that is so it works but that was a glitch.

Edit: looks like it would go away after about 1min

Yeah, this is a known issue. There's not much I can do about it unfortunately. I've found that if you just get a player within a close enough proximity to the "ghost", it'll disappear.

Mitchell 06-17-2012 12:44

This is pretty neat, i wish there was something for source like this D:
I like the see through wall outline, its really nice.
Glad to see some cool ideas for it out there.

Horsedick 06-18-2012 22:03

Gonna throw in a suggestion for a future addition to this...and in no way any hurry. Perhaps a cvar to allow only certain flagged group only ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1 would be fine, to see the other teams outlines vs others. Case in point it could be used for a perk for VIP's to be the only ones seeing the outline for a seek and destroy effect.

Dr. McKay 06-18-2012 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1731427)
Gonna throw in a suggestion for a future addition to this...and in no way any hurry. Perhaps a cvar to allow only certain flagged group only ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1 would be fine, to see the other teams outlines vs others. Case in point it could be used for a perk for VIP's to be the only ones seeing the outline for a seek and destroy effect.

I thought about that, but I don't know how to go about doing this.. or if it's even possible. I'm sure it is, but it'd require an extension of some sort. All this plugin does is set a netprop on the losing team.

TsooJ 06-19-2012 05:31

Dr. McKay, This is a great plugin there is only one thing. When the round ends and move to the other side the humilitation glow is still visible for like 60 seconds.

Dr. McKay 06-19-2012 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsooJ (Post 1731564)
Dr. McKay, This is a great plugin there is only one thing. When the round ends and move to the other side the humilitation glow is still visible for like 60 seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1729619)
Yeah, this is a known issue. There's not much I can do about it unfortunately. I've found that if you just get a player within a close enough proximity to the "ghost", it'll disappear.

TsooJ 06-19-2012 14:26

Ok no problem still using it ;)

--edit,
I need to learn how to read :P

Leonardo 06-19-2012 16:04

random idea:
glow only F2P players!
or or glow targeted players.

also
disable glow only if it wasn't enabled before humiliation