AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   point_prop_use_target door name (c1m2_streets) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=311280)

Xanaguy 10-10-2018 21:50

point_prop_use_target door name (c1m2_streets)

I need to find a name for the gunstore door other than "GasNozzle". Any idea on what it might be for this map in particular?

Context: I was trying to make another adaption of the ScavengeBots plugin to get a bot to deliver the one "weapon_cola_bottles" to the door in Dead Center, Streets. However, I was unsuccessful as I noticed some weird behavior (the one bot moving for the cola never picking it up while the other two bots doing literally nothing.). I gave up on the idea until just earlier when I was playing the Left 4 Bowl campaign. There were leftover gascans to secure in the finale, so I decided to get the extra cans just for the hell of it. The nozzle dissappeared when the escape was available, but I could still get gascans. When I got one of the other gascans, my scavengebotds plugin kicked in and did the exact weird behavior for one of the other bots. So that tells me at that instant that I would need an alternative for the GasNozzle origin for that adaption for look for in order for the bots to deliver the cola Whitaker. But I don't know what exactly that it is.

Uncle Jessie 10-12-2018 06:13

Re: point_prop_use_target door name (c1m2_streets)

point_prop_use_target

eyal282 10-12-2018 07:17

Go to the door you're referring to, and look directly at it.

Open your console ( google how to open console if you don't know )

Write this in console:

developer 1

sv_cheats 1

ent_text

NOTE: You CANNOT do this in your own server, but only in a listen server. To start a listen server, disconnect from any server you're currently in ( Basically be in the main menu ) and write this in console:

map c1m2_streets

You'll get information about the door you wrote ent_text when looking at it.

Code:

ent_text                                : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Displays text debugging information about the given entity(ies) on top of the entity (See Overlay Text)  Arguments:    {entity_name} / {class_name} / no argument picks what player is looking at

Xanaguy 10-18-2018 02:00

Basically what I'm looking for is a target for something BESIDES GasNozzle for "point_prop_use_target" which clearly doesn't exist for c1m2_streets or else the bot would have been able to deliver the cola successfully. The extra info isn't helping much. Please refer to this developer wiki post. Like stated in the original post, it disappears when the escape is available, however, getting an extra can triggers the same behavior for the cola event when I tried getting the bots to deliver said cola.

Neuro Toxin 10-18-2018 04:07

Sounds like u need a pepsi

Dragokas 10-26-2018 05:32

Quote:

the one bot moving for the cola never picking
Maybe, cola in that map has different "spawnflags" than cola in map where it is work.

+ the same as eyal282, use Dev Cmds, aim on target, enter sm_ent