AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [L4D/L4D2] Thirdpersonshoulder Shotgun Sound Fix (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=298776)

MasterMind420 06-22-2017 12:26

[L4D/L4D2] Thirdpersonshoulder Shotgun Sound Fix

THIRDPERSONSHOULDER SHOTGUN SOUND FIX
Authors MasterMind420 & Lux

This is a rewrite of Thirdpersonshoulder Shotgun Sound Bug Fix...

REQUIRED Download ThirdPersonShoulder_Detect Plugin
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=298649

VERSION 1.1 ( Windows )
Code Optimizations
Crashing on windows should be resolved
Corrected low volume with EmitSoundToClient

VERSION 1.1 ( Linux )
Code Optimizations
Added incendiary ammo gunfire sounds

Edison1318 06-22-2017 19:54

Re: [L4D/L4D2] Thirdpersonshoulder Shotgun Sound Fix

I've tested it on L4D2, somehow it starts to crash when i test shoot the shotgun on thirdpersonshoulder. Even i did included the ThirdPersonShoulder_Detect Plugin.

JohnnyDave255 06-23-2017 06:03

I think this plugin is made by DeathChaos. Anyway, nice, will try to test this.

MasterMind420 06-25-2017 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyDave255 (Post 2530911)
I think this plugin is made by DeathChaos. Anyway, nice, will try to test this.

It originally was his plugin, I took it over for him months ago. His plugin didn't actually have proper thirdpersonshoulder detection, this one does...also fixes some bugs where thirdpersonshoulder detection would come back false...

MasterMind420 06-25-2017 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison1318 (Post 2530828)
I've tested it on L4D2, somehow it starts to crash when i test shoot the shotgun on thirdpersonshoulder. Even i did included the ThirdPersonShoulder_Detect Plugin.

hmm i can't say why it would be crashing for you, try redownloading it, i've updated it since...

Edison1318 06-25-2017 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMind420 (Post 2531636)
hmm i can't say why it would be crashing for you, try redownloading it, i've updated it since...

I've redownloaded it. But it still crashes.

MasterMind420 06-26-2017 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison1318 (Post 2531718)
I've redownloaded it. But it still crashes.

ok I need more info than that. I run everything on linux so i'm guessing your using windows. If so and there's anyone else out there that can confirm while using windows this crashes please say so, otherwise all I can assume is that there's a problem with your server/sourcemod installation. No error logs at all?

Visual77 06-26-2017 13:51

Checking for client -1 is not good form, you probably want to change that to client < 1 or client <= 0.

You're also mixing new syntax with old syntax which could cause problems.

MasterMind420 06-26-2017 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visual77 (Post 2531857)
Checking for client -1 is not good form, you probably want to change that to client < 1 or client <= 0.

You're also mixing new syntax with old syntax which could cause problems.

i'm not exactly sure where your talking about mixing new syntax with old? Also that client check is standard form used everywhere. I've used it for years and never had an issue. Edisons issue is most likely caused by a corrupted sourcemod/server installation. I've never ever had problems with checking clients that way and this plugin along with many others i've coded has never caused a crash, and all plugins i've done also use that check...So i'm not sure what your getting at...not trying to be rude but all my plugins are thoroughly tested, also i've recoded Oshroth's backpack plugin which is a mess of new and old syntax, never had a problem with that plugin either. I get there could be potential issues mixing the two, however thats highly unlikely. I mean, if you use windows and this crashes on it by all means let me know, otherwise if 1 person posts and no one else does I have to assume that its a user problem, the way its coded now will not cause a crash, or even an error for that matter. I do appreciate any input though...

Visual77 06-26-2017 14:34

How should I make it more clear. You don't check for console (client 0) on line 41. client == 0 is also an invalid client index so it can indeed error out. And all I'm saying is it's better to use just one syntax, especially the new one when you're also enforcing it (#pragma newdecls required). My intention wasn't to be mean, it was just to point out minor mistakes.