AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Invisible Spectator (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63121)

ConnorMcLeod 11-12-2007 09:00

Invisible Spectator

2 Attachment(s)
Invisible Spectator

.: Description :.

This plugin let admins with ADMIN_RCON access be spectators but still appears in a team.
It can be usefull to spectate potential cheaters.

Cheaters pay attention to spectators, so keep in mind that the more players will be on your server, the more difficult it will be to see you are not really alive.
Also note that too many 'invisible spectators' at the same time will easily be detected, and that 'invisible spectators' are counted as dead players (cvar amx_inv_dead_percent).

.: Commands :.

• amx_spectate
    Type this command once you are dead or specator, you won't appear in spectators list.
    Type the same command or join a team to disable your "invisibility"

.: Cvars :.

• amx_inv_dead_percent < value >
    When value% of total players are dead, "invisible spectators" appear to be dead.

.: Modules :.

Fakemeta

.: Changelog :.

v0.2 (14/11/2007)
- added amx_inv_dead_percent cvar

RaYden 11-12-2007 09:43

Re: Invisible Spectator

SWEAT :D why didn't I think of this

GJ man

Later on I'm going to try this out with admin_freelook and see if there are any incomparability issues

ConnorMcLeod 11-12-2007 09:49

Notice i've added a security just after you DLed it.
You shouldn't have issues with admin free look, but should have issues with this plugin as i haven't fully test it yet.

RaYden 11-12-2007 09:54

Yes I just dl the new version ... workz grate no probz with admin_freelook
Nice release

ABC3Q 11-12-2007 10:35

Wasn't there something like this already.

C00ller 11-12-2007 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABC3Q (Post 552035)
Wasn't there something like this already.

it was! right here

RaYden 11-12-2007 12:32

Yes actualy :D its allmost the same thing ... connorr can u update the code so that after one wrights amx_spectate they spectate and no longer join the fight ... something like after first blood or something close to that, there admin status also reads DEAD so ppl wont notice them not playing and at round start the status doZn show up as dead

ConnorMcLeod 11-12-2007 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYden (Post 552073)
Yes actualy :D its allmost the same thing ...

Actually not.

Quote:

connorr can u update the code so that after one wrights amx_spectate they spectate and no longer join the fight

It's already like that, all you have to do is to type the command once you are dead.

Quote:

something like after first blood or something close to that, there admin status also reads DEAD so ppl wont notice them not playing

Yeah i can do that, actually the status is only DEAD at roundend.

Quote:

at round start the status doZn show up as dead

It's already like that, at new round, DEAD status is removed.

[DeathTV] Sid 6.7 11-12-2007 17:03

nvm

RaYden 11-12-2007 19:05

Quote:

connorr can u update the code so that after one wrights amx_spectate they spectate and no longer join the fight
hmm interesting :D I didn't tested this :> sorry, after the round was over I was transfered back to the team so I made that misjudgment
Gota test it more intensively and if u decide to apply:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYden http://forums.alliedmods.net/images/...s/viewpost.gif
something like after first blood or something close to that, there admin status also reads DEAD so ppl wont notice them not playing
Pls consider a revert command :P like amx_unspectate ( stops spectator procedure and next round u revert to team and play )

Nice plugin ... I totally support this idea :)

ConnorMcLeod 11-14-2007 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYden (Post 552205)
after the round was over I was transfered back to the team

You were transfered by another plugin ? (like PTB)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYden (Post 552205)
Pls consider a revert command :P like amx_unspectate ( stops spectator procedure and next round u revert to team and play )

amx_spectate is a 'toggle' command.

Plugin updated.

RaYden 11-16-2007 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by connorr (Post 552699)
You were transfered by another plugin ? (like PTB)

Don't think so ... anywayz works now ... I may have had a unknown plugin installed on my co-managed server
Ty for the update :D

ConnorMcLeod 11-17-2007 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYden (Post 553646)
... anywayz works now ...

Didn't do anything for that...

JUSTSMOKIN 12-04-2007 07:51

I made thsi plugin along time ago and it got unapproved but looking over the code its a carbon copy =[ thats a lil cheap man

ConnorMcLeod 12-04-2007 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTSMOKIN (Post 559725)
I made thsi plugin along time ago and it got unapproved but looking over the code its a carbon copy =[ thats a lil cheap man

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=60655

A carbon copy ?
I make you apologies to have copy/paste your code, next time i'll ask you before.

Arkshine 12-04-2007 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTSMOKIN (Post 559725)

Is it a joke ? I've found your plugin : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=60655

Can you tell us what has been copied?

mercury 01-10-2008 21:04

thanks for great plugin, connorr. what about auto-enable this for admins while dead? so they can spectate CT's and T's regardless of forcecamera, it's cool because they don't need to type amx command every round.

ConnorMcLeod 01-11-2008 07:12

This is not what this plugin do.
For what you want, you can use this plugin : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=423848

mercury 01-11-2008 16:54

yep, i know that. i have to run these both together then)

ConnorMcLeod 01-11-2008 19:04

I see what you mean, i may consider it for next release.

Dinosaur Gas 01-13-2008 18:30

Can this be made to work for TFC?

hoboman 02-03-2008 13:43

errrr...i think this plugin doesn't work on servers that run ptb...probably due to the fact that ptb won't let you join the same team again, i can't get out of invisible spectator

Swat-inc 04-03-2008 10:05

This plugin let admins with ADMIN_RCON access be spectators but still appears in a team. Can you make this plugin work with Imunity access ? not Rcon ..

`666 04-03-2008 10:29

find
Code:

if( !(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_RCON) )
and change it to
Code:

if( !(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_IMMUNITY) )
Just a guess...

Swat-inc 04-04-2008 07:41

thanks ;)

whosyourdaddy 05-18-2008 13:25

ok for reason this plugin is glitching on me, ill be in spec mode and ill just click tab to see the teams and it will show me in a team when im not. also if i do amx_spectate wait a round and then do amx_spectate again, it wont take me out of invisibility. i also dont have an option to go to spectate mode anymore i need to click a team. only way i can spectate now is to do amx_transfer whos spec, which i got from another plugin

anakin_cstrike 05-24-2008 13:56

owesome..a very good ideea...gj:up: +karma

FaTaLiTy 06-28-2008 08:11

How to do when admin uses amx_spectate he was not visible for T not for CT and not for Spectator ?

ConnorMcLeod 06-28-2008 10:29

Can't understand what you mean, don't send me PM to make me read your posts, next time i'll have to give you karma :mrgreen:

-edit-
And thanks for this -karma ;)
Quote:

Invisible Spectator 06-28-08 06:18 PM FUCK YOU
Can't give you back since you are in my ignore list.

FaTaLiTy 06-29-2008 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaTaLiTy (Post 644943)
How to do when admin uses amx_spectate he was not visible for T not for CT and not for Spectator ?

I want when Admin used amx_spectate, did not show him in general!

Mordekay 06-29-2008 05:09

Doing "amx_spectate" a second time to switch back to the team does not work (or not the way i thought it should work). It tes me that i'm no longer an invisible spectator but on new round i still do not respawn. I have to choose a team first.

ConnorMcLeod 06-29-2008 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 645313)
Doing "amx_spectate" a second time to switch back to the team does not work (or not the way i thought it should work). It tes me that i'm no longer an invisible spectator but on new round i still do not respawn. I have to choose a team first.

I'll have a look why it does this.

Agronom[SLK] 03-05-2009 15:32

Hm.. if use Descriptive 'Fire in the hole!' (+colors) that you become visible after a while. mb it is connected with when the player throws a grenade -> become visible.

And still, it is possible to add, that money came back, when leave from invisible ?

chp' 03-19-2009 01:20

I tested the plugin and like it is very efficient, but found a serious bug. When you choose a team, but not choose a skin and then run the command amx_spectate the plugin down my server. Any solution to this? I really is impossible to leave the plugin running with this bug.

Sorry for English, I am from Brazil and I have to use the google translator to communicate.

chp' 03-21-2009 23:29

i need help plz.... UP topic

Owyn 05-06-2009 12:03

Quote:

ye, that happens

and also when i do amx_spectate it works fine but new round after freeztime or so it moves me to spectators in scoreboard

Owyn 05-07-2009 05:10

Quote:

Try it and tell me if you still have problems.
i still have them, after freeztime when i'm an invisible spectator game moves me to spectators in scoreboard

Owyn 05-09-2009 10:23

and now i could not turn off spectator mode
Quote:

L 05/09/2009 - 18:21:16: Start of error session.
L 05/09/2009 - 18:21:16: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20090509.log")
L 05/09/2009 - 18:21:16: [CSTRIKE] Player out of range (0)
L 05/09/2009 - 18:21:16: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (plugin "invisible_spectator.amxx") (native "cs_get_user_team") - debug not enabled!
L 05/09/2009 - 18:21:16: [AMXX] To enable debug mode, add "debug" after the plugin name in plugins.ini (without quotes).

ConnorMcLeod 05-09-2009 10:53

Would help if you put the plugin in debug mode.

supergreg 05-11-2009 09:59

What was the intended workflow of this plugin? Are you supposed to spawn after using amx_spectate 2nd time?

0. Run around and get killed ;)
1. amx_spectate -> "You're now an invis spec". Does the plugin do 2 operations? Both make you a regular spec and then an invis?

2. amx_spectate again -> "You're no longer an invis spec". Only one operation? Remove invis spec, but player is still a regular spec? Or is this not the intended way, so you are neither a spec nor on a team?

3. Since you don't spawn, manually join team with auto assign. Often you will get a message from PTB saying "you better stay in current team" (PTB doesn't see that you're really not on a team), if this happens, use amxx to transfer yourself to a team, and you will spawn next round.

This is how I currently use it, and it works well, but since step 2+3 can take a little time I sometimes have to wait an extra round as spec :P I don't mind though, this is a super plugin that makes catching cheaters a lot easier. Thanks! :up: