AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Admin Sounds (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=60105)

dalto 08-26-2007 21:50

Admin Sounds

2 Attachment(s)
Admin Sounds

Current Version: 1.0.1

Description:
This is a straight forward replacement of the sounds the admins could play through Mani. Just take your existing soundlist.txt file and drop it in the addons/sourcemod/configs directory. If you are not switching, a sample is provided. No sounds are provided with this plugin at this time. The command is sm_admin_sounds or !admin_sounds.

Planned Features:
  • None, make a request!
CVar's:
sm_admin_sounds_version: The version number

Changelog:

1.0: Initial Release

hazard 08-26-2007 22:39

Re: Admin Sounds

request: merge this with the SaySounds plugin's features and keep the soundlist file mani style, don't use the key value stuff. Rename to something appropriate...."PlaySounds" or something.

Consolidation!

Rebell 08-27-2007 00:44

Yes wuold be better...

API 08-27-2007 02:16

Approved. I think that someone should make a menu plugin that just executes commands, it may already be done. Cool plugin.

imported_Anth0ny 08-27-2007 03:19

THANKS-THANKS-THANKS!!!
My long time awaiting is finished!

=)

imported_Anth0ny 08-28-2007 07:53

tested: works PERFECTLY! =)
thanx again for plugin!

(one small report: after i select a music, menu drop me to begin of list. can you say to plugin "stay at currently selected page" ?)

=)

misfit 08-28-2007 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny (Post 524250)
tested: works PERFECTLY! =)

Ditto, thank you much. :-)

andi67 09-07-2007 12:21

Does it work for DODS???

misfit 09-07-2007 12:45

Yes, that's what I'm using it on. :-)

andi67 09-07-2007 12:50

admin sounds is on but when I type !admin_sounds no menu is showing up ???

dalto 09-07-2007 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andi67 (Post 528399)
admin sounds is on but when I type !admin_sounds no menu is showing up ???

Check your logs, addons/sourcemod/logs

I suspect there will be some errors in there.

andi67 09-07-2007 17:54

23:52:54 sm plugins debug 10 on
23:52:54 [SM] Could not toggle debug mode on plugin adminsounds.smx.
[SM] Plugin returned error: Plugin is not runnable.

This is what I get when trying to debug adminsounds .
any solution ???

dalto 09-07-2007 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andi67 (Post 528547)
23:52:54 sm plugins debug 10 on
23:52:54 [SM] Could not toggle debug mode on plugin adminsounds.smx.

This is what I get when trying to debug adminsounds .
any solution ???

It means the plugin did not load. Probably because the config file is missing or broken. sm plugins info 10 will tell you why it did not load.

andi67 09-08-2007 06:13

[SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds ???
What does it mean ???

dalto 09-08-2007 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andi67 (Post 528790)
[SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds ???
What does it mean ???

Hard to say without debug on but it probably means that you have more sounds that I thought people would and I am not doing very good bounds checking.

But....that is fixable.

New Release: Version 1.0.1

Changes:
  • Increased the maximum number of sounds to 50
  • Added bounds checking during sounds loading

andi67 09-08-2007 18:05

Wow , great work !!! Now with the new update itīs running fine .
Big THX for support !!!

imported_Anth0ny 09-09-2007 06:18

thanks dalto!
=)

MeatGrinder 09-18-2007 19:25

I have a feature suggestion. This is a feature that wasn't in Mani either but would be a very very nice addition.

We need a cvar to limit how often admin sounds can be played. We have several admins on our server and have had many occasions where 2 or more sounds accidentally get played one on top of the other. This restriction would be imposed globally obviously (rather than on each admin individually) to avoid coincidences of two different admins playing a sound at the same time.

//time in seconds after playing a sound that another one can be played (default = 0)
sm_admin_sounds_delay 0

Thanks!:)

dalto 09-18-2007 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrinder (Post 532787)
I have a feature suggestion. This is a feature that wasn't in Mani either but would be a very very nice addition.

We need a cvar to limit how often admin sounds can be played. We have several admins on our server and have had many occasions where 2 or more sounds accidentally get played one on top of the other. This restriction would be imposed globally obviously (rather than on each admin individually) to avoid coincidences of two different admins playing a sound at the same time.

//time in seconds after playing a sound that another one can be played (default = 0)
sm_admin_sounds_delay 0

Good idea, I will add it.

imported_Anth0ny 09-19-2007 01:59

+1
join to this feature suggestion....

dalto 09-22-2007 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrinder (Post 532787)

sm_admin_sounds_delay 0

I added this feature but I have not had a chance to test it. If someone is willing to test it I can release it.

http://users.svn.alliedmods.net/view...nk/?root=dalto

imported_Anth0ny 09-23-2007 07:01

we will test it.

wraithcss 09-23-2007 09:28

I pulled the newest source of this last night. It plays one sound at a time. If another sound is attempted while the 1st is being played, the functionality ends the first sound and plays the second.

wraithcss 09-23-2007 13:39

@dalto - great plugin. On my test server, it ran flawless. On my live server, I got the out of bounds issues - I have well over 50 sounds. Can you increase the size to something like 250? I don't have near that many, but other people might.. I've got just shy of 100 in my soundlist.txt, most are disabled however, I rotate them in and out on a near weekly basis or when we're bored of the current ones.

*EDIT* - Nevermind.... I set the max_sounds to 500 and recompiled. Works like a charm now/ :)

imported_Anth0ny 09-24-2007 06:20

hmm.... =)

Code:

* Made the config file load automatically
                * Added sm_admin_sounds_delay

but how can i find and use this config?

wraithcss 09-24-2007 14:16

Addendum to earlier.... it WILL play sounds over other sounds, only if the sounds are wav files. If an mp3 sound file is playing and another played, the first will end.

But the plugin will play a wav over an mp3 or vice versa. Solution: upload mp3's. lol

dalto 09-24-2007 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny (Post 534984)
hmm.... =)

Code:

* Made the config file load automatically
        * Added sm_admin_sounds_delay

but how can i find and use this config?

The first time you run the plugin it will automatically create it in addons/cfg/sourcemod

dalto 09-24-2007 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithcss (Post 535105)
Addendum to earlier.... it WILL play sounds over other sounds, only if the sounds are wav files. If an mp3 sound file is playing and another played, the first will end.

But the plugin will play a wav over an mp3 or vice versa. Solution: upload mp3's. lol

Keep in mind the default is only 1 second. It may make more sense to change it to longer.

wraithcss 09-24-2007 14:41

Question for you.... is it SourceMod functionality for menus to default back to the 1st menu after a selection is made? I have about 10 pages of sounds in my list that I cycle through and would like to entertain the idea of changing the menu behavior to play the sound and keep the menu on it's current page.

Is there a setting for this, that you know if in your source code or is it in the SourceMod native code or options?

dalto 09-24-2007 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithcss (Post 535112)
Question for you.... is it SourceMod functionality for menus to default back to the 1st menu after a selection is made? I have about 10 pages of sounds in my list that I cycle through and would like to entertain the idea of changing the menu behavior to play the sound and keep the menu on it's current page.

Is there a setting for this, that you know if in your source code or is it in the SourceMod native code or options?

It is how sourcemod paginated menus work. I have opened a request to add this functionality and it is currently on the 1.0 roadmap.

You can view it here:
http://bugs.alliedmods.net/index.php...ls&task_id=870

imported_Anth0ny 09-24-2007 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalto (Post 535106)
The first time you run the plugin it will automatically create it in addons/cfg/sourcemod

nice idea. really! =)
thanks!

(if config already autocreated and modified, can't plugin overwrite it?)

wraithcss 09-25-2007 21:06

It would be great to have a command to play sounds from the command line:

sm_playsound soundname

The soundname would be whatever it was named in the soundlist.txt file. This would be a huge benefit for quickly playing sounds, and/or key bindings.

dalto 09-25-2007 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny (Post 535137)

(if config already autocreated and modified, can't plugin overwrite it?)

Nope, it will only create it if it is not already there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithcss (Post 535669)
It would be great to have a command to play sounds from the command line:

sm_playsound soundname

The soundname would be whatever it was named in the soundlist.txt file. This would be a huge benefit for quickly playing sounds, and/or key bindings.

OK, I will update it this weekend with this functionality and the returning menu page stuff which was just added to sourcemod.

wraithcss 09-26-2007 14:31

You're the man Dalto ;)

wraithcss 10-01-2007 13:46

Any update dalto? :)

imported_Anth0ny 10-01-2007 15:14

updates for WHAT? =))
it's a one plugin from admin's must have pak (imho) and it's always actual.

wraithcss 10-03-2007 18:04

@Anthony - looking for a command to play sounds from the command line, and update the menu behavior to stick on the menu screen the sound file last played is located, instead of changing back to the main.

dalto 10-03-2007 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithcss (Post 538481)
@Anthony - looking for a command to play sounds from the command line, and update the menu behavior to stick on the menu screen the sound file last played is located, instead of changing back to the main.

I will update it tonight for you wraith.

MeatGrinder 10-06-2007 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithcss (Post 535105)

Yeah, my assumption for this is because it uses the "stopsound" command, which for the Source engine only stops mp3's. To the best of my knowledge (which is very limited lol) there is no sound stopping command for wavs in Source.

But this shouldn't be a problem for anyone, as really you should be uploading any sounds longer than 5 seconds as MP3, WAVs are uncompressed and take a lot of bandwidth and space, but they load quicker into the engine, making WAV suitable for short clips, but MP3 the best choice for longer clips.

symphyle 10-06-2007 20:19

hi!

Sorry, but I write very badly English: S
I have a suggestion for you based on Mani.
When a player types “sounds” in Chat area, he do not hear any more the sounds.

is this possible to add that?

Thank you

Symphyle