AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Admin Protection (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286884)

pupdebox 08-26-2016 21:42

Admin Protection

Admin Protection

Description:
There are many hackers who use fake steamid and they make servers crash by using admin commands. Hackers can see your steam id but they cant see your ip adress. This plugin automatically saves every admin's ip adress's first 3 groups. For example, if my ip adress is 12.12.12.13 the plugin gets "12.12.12" and saves it with my steam id. Bad intentioned people cant connect with your steam id.

Notes:
  • The reason why i dont want to get whole ip adress is, when i reset my internet connection it changes the last group.
  • Im a beginner. This is my first plugin submission.
  • No hate please

wickedd 08-26-2016 22:05

Re: Admin Protection

Quote:

Originally Posted by pupdebox (Post 2448586)
There are many hackers who use fake steamid and they make servers crash by using admin commands. Hackers can see your steam id but they cant see your ip adress. This plugin automatically saves every admin's ip adress's first 3 groups. For example, if my ip adress is 12.12.12.13 the plugin gets "12.12.12" and saves it with my steam id. Bad intentioned people cant connect with your steam id.

Just make your server Steam only.

Useless!!

pupdebox 08-26-2016 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedd (Post 2448590)

Useless!!

I have numerous games in my steam account including counter-strike. What if i want to play with more people? We are in 2016. Valve should make this game "free to play" :salty:

ddhoward 08-27-2016 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forum Rules
  • You do not need to own the game on Steam to participate in these forums. However, publicizing violations of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) will result in a ban. This includes...
    • Linking to sites that are targeted toward cracking Steam or circumventing its copyright protection.
    • Asking for support against cracked or illegitimate versions of Steam, either directly or via evidence in your request.
    • Mentioning that you, or promoting the act of, cracking Steam or circumventing its copyright protection.
    • Promoting the running of "no-steam" servers, or publicizing that you run such servers.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules

pupdebox 08-27-2016 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pupdebox (Post 2448596)
I have numerous games in my steam account including counter-strike. What if i want to play with more people? We are in 2016. Valve should make this game "free to play" :salty:

I'm not promoting non-steam. I'm just criticizing valve's b*tch behaivour.

gabuch2 08-27-2016 09:25

Which bitch behavior? Selling games? lol

pupdebox 08-27-2016 09:41

Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies
Sven Coop
Although these games are the same shit with counter strike and half life, they are free on steam.

fysiks 08-27-2016 10:54

Just because a game is available via Steam does not mean that it is owned by Valve. Valve owns Counter-Strike 1.6 and has the right to do what it want with it. It's so cheap already that it's practically free. Stop being cheap and spend the tiny about of money it costs.

Clearly you don't understand how business works.

ddhoward 08-27-2016 11:37

Your opinions don't matter. This website is in the United States, and Alliedmodders doesn't have the financial resources to defend itself against a lawsuit from Valve and their 2.5 billion dollars in the bank. Adhering to United States copyright law is necessary for the continued survival of this website.

HamletEagle 08-28-2016 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedd (Post 2448590)

Useless!!

+
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddhoward (Post 2448718)
Your opinions don't matter. This website is in the United States, and Alliedmodders doesn't have the financial resources to defend itself against a lawsuit from Valve and their 2.5 billion dollars in the bank. Adhering to United States copyright law is necessary for the continued survival of this website.

Plugin removed. Don't post again no steam stuff around here.