AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171197)

Powerlord 11-03-2011 03:18

[TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser

16 Attachment(s)
Requirements:
Team Fortress 2
SourceMod 1.4.0 or newer
BuiltinVotes Extension 0.5.0 or newer

Description:
This is, literally, a drop-in replacement for the SourceMod MapChooser, with the Menu-related code replaced with BuiltinVotes vote-related code. It even uses the standard MapChooser's mapchooser.cfg. Note: It does not remove mapchooser, you need to do that yourself.

The major difference from MapChooser is that BuiltinVotes MapChooser uses the F1-F5 keys for voting instead of 1-6 (or 4-8 for MapChooser Extended).

Sample vote.

And the vote finished without me choosing anything, so it chose for me.

Changelog
  • 1.4.0.1: Updated for BuiltinVotes 0.5.0 to add the Changing Map... success screen for instant map changes like rtv.
  • 1.4.0.0: Fixed bug when checking if a vote is running.
  • 1.4.0b2: Fixed Extend/Don't Change. Note that both are listed as "Extend current Map" because it is unclear if TF2 will auto-translate this phrase.
  • 1.4.0b1: Initial Public Release, based on MapChooser 1.4.0

Known Bugs:
See: BuiltinVotes Known Bugs.

BuiltinVotes hooks five SourceMod vote-related cvars for displaying ongoing votes:
  • sm_vote_delay
  • sm_vote_progress_hintbox
  • sm_vote_progress_chat
  • sm_vote_progress_console
  • sm_vote_progress_client_console

Things that would be nice to have
  • It would be nice to change the rtv message to the one displayed when a ChangeLevel vote passes (BultinVotes does not currently support this)

This plugin (and BuiltinVotes) need testers. There's a reason this is marked as being 1.4.0b1. Because it's based on SourceMod MapChooser 1.4.0 and it's a beta product.

Get Plugin does not work because this requires builtinvotes.inc to compile.

napalm00 11-03-2011 09:16

Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser

Oh I'm SO gonna test this :D
Looks awesome, good job :up:!

Powerlord 11-03-2011 17:54

Released version 1.4.0b2, which fixes the Extend/Don't Change not appearing issue.

Note: They are both listed as "Extend current Map" because TF2 may do internal translation on this phrase.

That and there's a special rule in BuiltinVotes to return a different success message for this phrase.

serpentine 11-03-2011 20:50

Very cool, I know many people hate the fact that standard votes requre number keys, in the middle of a game that can get annoying.

Powerlord 11-05-2011 03:33

I replaced the plugins in the main post with versions that remove 3 debugging messages that were accidentally left in.

Having said that, please update to BuiltinVotes 0.0.3.0 (released earlier today) as it fixes an issue with voting as well as removes some unnecessary code and changes when the "vote" command gets hooked; it now plays nicer with the existing TF2 votes.

serpentine 11-05-2011 07:29

Will this by chance make all sourcemod votes use the F keys? For example my community's server has critvotes as well as a few others.

jasonfrog 11-05-2011 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by serpentine (Post 1590456)
Will this by chance make all sourcemod votes use the F keys? For example my community's server has critvotes as well as a few others.

It's just for Maps and the MapChooser.
Quote:

BuiltinVotes MapChooser
However, any plugin author can make use of the extension that Powerlord has created. Perhaps you might like to point the author of the critvote plugin, that you use, in the direction of the BuiltinVotes Extension and suggest that they investigate utilising it.

Powerlord 11-05-2011 15:41

The original goal while (and entire point of) making BuiltinVotes was to make an API to control the TF2 vote panels. While it's not perfect (I can already think of features I want to add), it's there for other plugin authors to use as well. (Side note: L4D/L4D2 support is still planned.)

The reason for making an extension was to make the API as close as possible to the SourceMod Menu vote handling, but it isn't possible to do so through a plugin thanks to how the VoteResultsHandler works (plugins can't return multi-dimensional arrays).

Leonardo 11-12-2011 03:18

Y U NO just equating 'nextlevel' and 'sm_nextmap' cvars? :3

gH0sTy 11-14-2011 00:38

Running the plugin a while now and it works like a charm.
The only thing I noticed is that my error logs get spammed with
Code:

L 11/13/2011 - 22:12:07: [BV] Unknown fatal error while translating a phrase.
So I wonder if [BV] stands for BuiltinVotes?
EDIT: Well it looks like it belongs to the extension
PHP Code:

#define SMEXT_CONF_LOGTAG        "BV"