AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   need help with transition zombie spawn fix plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=335982)

A1ena 01-18-2022 14:18

need help with transition zombie spawn fix plugin

hi, can anyone help me make this work for l4d1? i have this spamming in console when players load in slow "could not find a XX spawn position in 5 tries." i'm a noobie about all this stuff, i don't know much about coding to figure this out.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=333351

sorallll 01-20-2022 07:23

Re: need help with transition zombie spawn fix plugin

2 Attachment(s)
try this version
Please give me feedback if this version works
L4D signature from Psykotikism

A1ena 01-20-2022 22:25

I tested it out and it seems to crash the server after leaving the saferoom. I don't see anything in the error logs about it.

HarryPotter 01-22-2022 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1ena (Post 2768945)
I tested it out and it seems to crash the server after leaving the saferoom. I don't see anything in the error logs about it.

I tested in l4d1 windows/linux server, they both work and no crash no error.
what is your l4d1 build version?
PHP Code:

Version 1.0.4.0 (left4dead)
Exe build14:50:19 Jul 13 2021 (8284) (500

Dragokas 01-22-2022 18:11

No offense, but I would be very careful to install such "fix".
If I understand correctly, that "fix" is just preventing engine from knowing is CDirector::IsInTransition, when map transition happens. What is a reason to unlock? I think L4D devs done it by intention to prevent entities from been spawned after map ends. Might cause bad things.
Correct me please, if I'm not right about what IsInTransition function is about.

A1ena 01-23-2022 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryPotter (Post 2769036)
I tested in l4d1 windows/linux server, they both work and no crash no error.
what is your l4d1 build version?
PHP Code:

Version 1.0.4.0 (left4dead)
Exe build14:50:19 Jul 13 2021 (8284) (500

Version 1.0.4.0 (left4dead)
Exe build: 14:16:39 Jul 13 2021 (8284) (500)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragokas
No offense, but I would be very careful to install such "fix".
If I understand correctly, that "fix" is just preventing engine from knowing is CDirector::IsInTransition, when map transition happens. What is a reason to unlock? I think L4D devs done it by intention to prevent entities from been spawned after map ends. Might cause bad things.
Correct me please, if I'm not right about what IsInTransition function is about.

I guess I don't really need the fix. I was just wondering if I could prevent players from getting stuck on finales sometimes. When that "could not find a XX spawn position in 5 tries." spams in console while someone is stuck/loading in and use the radio to call for rescue then nothing is spawning in and they are all stuck there with no rescue coming. I think I might try your "Wait Connection" plugin to delay them from rushing out so quickly and probably have "kick load stuckers" plugin kick out the stuck players quicker.

Dragokas 01-23-2022 08:41

What maps the problem persists on?

It's not something easily could be solved in L4D1. Both mentioned plugins has no relation to infected. Why do you think this case is related to survivors?
* For L4D2 I wrote [L4D2] Finale Stage hanging fix (finale tank fix), but there no backward port due to different stages system implementation in L4D1.
As temporarily walkaround, try to use !slayall command from DevCmds which aimed to kill every infected on the map.
Also, sometimes manual spawning the tank helps.

Tell us if killing infected solve the issue.

A1ena 01-23-2022 11:42

Problem is there are no SI spawning at all when they are stuck loading. It happen twice during a finale, nothing was spawning in and they all just stuck there running around. No admins were around. So they eventually just end up leaving to get the server to restart.

cravenge 01-23-2022 13:44

Ah yes, this bug exists in both games. It doesn't just happen on finales only but also on every map as long as there's that one client or more who is/are still transitioning when the others who have already loaded leave the saferoom.

Dragokas 01-23-2022 17:52

I don't think this one has something related to transition.
I met same bug when I tested the server alone just after restarting.
I bet it is a case with a navigation and specific of faultly and constant selection of the same unsuitable nav zone.

cravenge 01-23-2022 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragokas (Post 2769173)
I don't think this one has something related to transition.
I met same bug when I tested the server alone just after restarting.
I bet it is a case with a navigation and specific of faultly and constant selection of the same unsuitable nav zone.

It is related to transition. Happened to my dedicated server several times back then and as luck would have it, I'm the last one to load in everytime due to having a crappy laptop. Other players kept mentioning that SIs never spawn at all until I get back into the game.

Of course, my dedicated server is rented and I never plan to run one on the same machine.