AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   HLTV Server (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=318585)

bendas 09-08-2019 14:31

HLTV Server

Hi everyone,
I would like to Setup HLTV on my CS 1.6 server's (Linux) But I have no idea how to do that.
I just "googled it", and there are no guides that guide you on how to set up HLTV properly.

Help, please :)?

TomL. 09-08-2019 15:33

Re: HLTV Server

Are you using a hosted game server or a virtual/dedicated server?

fysiks 09-08-2019 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendas (Post 2666306)
Hi everyone,
I would like to Setup HLTV on my CS 1.6 server's (Linux) But I have no idea how to do that.
I just "googled it", and there are no guides that guide you on how to set up HLTV properly.

Help, please :)?

I found this in a few seconds, it looks like it has all the basics for configuring an HLTV.

EDIT: I just tested searching with Google and it's much harder to find the above link (I finally found the link on page 4 of one of my search terms) so I guess I can't blame you for not finding it. I stopped using Google a while ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2666319)
You can just add those commands to your server.cfg

Code:

tv_enable 1
tv_name name
tv_delay seconds
tv_port port
tv_password password

I'm not sure where you got that but it's all wrong.

TomL. 09-09-2019 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2666340)

I don't know why I was reading SourceTV.
The help article from steam explains it very well.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1990-UAVN-3335

bendas 09-09-2019 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2666319)

It's a dedicated (well VPS) server, running on Linux of course. I have full access to SSH.

bendas 09-09-2019 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2666340)
I found this in a few seconds, it looks like it has all the basics for configuring an HLTV.

EDIT: I just tested searching with Google and it's much harder to find the above link (I finally found the link on page 4 of one of my search terms) so I guess I can't blame you for not finding it. I stopped using Google a while ago.

I just read it, but in the end, they really explain the basics but not how to really enter the HLTV to the server. Seems like they don't explain how to run it on Linux.

Mordekay 09-09-2019 09:16

If i remember correct all you have to do is to set the connect command into the hltv.cfg like this:
Code:

connect IP:PORT

fysiks 09-09-2019 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendas (Post 2666384)
I just read it, but in the end, they really explain the basics but not how to really enter the HLTV to the server. Seems like they don't explain how to run it on Linux.

You just run it like you run any other executable on Linux (./hltv). When I tried to run mine I had to first set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory in which the hltv executable resides. Here is a simple bash script that start the server:

Code:

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

./hltv +name "HLTV" +connect 111.222.333.444:27015

bendas 09-13-2019 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2666473)
You just run it like you run any other executable on Linux (./hltv). When I tried to run mine I had to first set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory in which the hltv executable resides. Here is a simple bash script that start the server:

Code:

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

./hltv +name "HLTV" +connect 111.222.333.444:27015

Sorry friend, forgot to tell you thanks, it works :)

DJEarthQuake 10-29-2019 17:37

Code:
#!/bin/sh SERVICE="proxy.so" if lsof | grep "$SERVICE" >/dev/null then echo "HLTV process found/ Not running start script" else SERVER_IP=`hostname  -I | cut -f2 -d' '` HOSTNAME=`whoami` nohup screen -A -m -d -S hltv ./hltv +connect "${SERVER_IP}" +name "${HOSTNAME}" & fi

Many thanks. I haven't ever initialized it before.