AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Jetpack Plugin (with realistic effect) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=206846)

Death Commando 01-26-2013 14:16

[TF2] Jetpack Plugin (with realistic effect)

1 Attachment(s)
Look at this thread for a better plugin.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=56374&page=18

Roundcat 01-27-2013 02:24

Re: [TF2] Jetpack Plugin (with realistic effect)

Is this model client side? Ie not viewable to players who havent down loaded it themselves...

RavensBro 01-27-2013 03:34

nice so does this have a fule gage now or what>? players really love my jetpack but they want some kind of fule gage so it cant stay in the air for ever i use it on my ff2 server. will be testing out.

Death Commando 01-27-2013 17:12

it just has flames shooting out the back of the player.

The only problem is, when someone uses it, the flames shoot out the back of every player, not just you. I have been unable to fix the problem, so if anyone knows how to make effects work only on the user, i would appreciate the help.:roll:

MasterOfTheXP 01-27-2013 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Commando (Post 1881935)
The only problem is, when someone uses it, the flames shoot out the back of every player, not just you. I have been unable to fix the problem, so if anyone knows how to make effects work only on the user, i would appreciate the help.:roll:

PHP Code:

for(new 1<= g_iMaxClientsi++)
        {
            if(
g_bJetpacks[i])
            {
                if(!
IsAlive(i)) StopJetpack(i);
                else 
AddVelocity(iGetConVarFloat(sm_jetpack_speed));

for (new 
iClient 1iClient <= MaxClientsiClient++)
                {

// Attach particle 

That looks like the issue to me. You're attaching the particle to all players for each player that is jetpacking.

Also...what's with the g_iMaxClients thing? It's not needed, at all (especially due to the fact that GetMaxClients is to be deprecated eventually) just use MaxClients like your for-loop-within-a-for-loop uses.

Death Commando 01-28-2013 11:09

so i should use the code you put in instead of mine?

BBG_Theory 01-28-2013 13:35

he was just showing where he thought the issue was.. he did not post corrective coding.

Would be great if this could be perfected

Can the pyro jetpacks model be attached to all players or is this only for pyros?
I would def. like to use this once it is working correctly

Also, what goes in the redirects (the .bz2) should be cleaned up and not mixed in the model subdirectories and thus uploaded to the gameserver

also, can we use the spacebar to trigger the jetpack usage once someone has typed !jetpack or /jetpack in chat as a design feature. from heading the 3 steps of how to use, it did not read like this was how this was activated (bit confusing how one would use the jetpack once they enabled it

Death Commando 01-28-2013 19:39

i am totally new to this. could someone post the corrections to the code. thanks

BBG_Theory 02-04-2013 15:29

any progress?? maybe try working with someone else that has fooled with other jetpacks? or hopefully masteroftheXP help ??

frickentrevor 02-21-2013 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Commando (Post 1882596)
i am totally new to this. could someone post the corrections to the code. thanks

this is starting to sound like we are making the plugin for you. if you cannot figure everything out, read up the SourceMod Wiki

edit: I would expect this plugin to get disapproved, or just fade away