AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Player Animations (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=120958)

sgtbane 03-10-2010 00:30

Player Animations

5 Attachment(s)
I bet you people think everything i ever post is pointless and stupid... well Ill show you.. Ill show you just how pointless and stupid my posts can be! >:O Muhahaha!!!

Well.. to continue on with my trend of things that never really catch on, and things that do that are incredibly retarded, hopefully by following the same path, this will also catch on..

These are all using original models, and basically a way to re-animate existing models to do other things they would not normally do. There is one download required as a model, and being hosted from my test listenserver it transferred to people in under 10 sec.

Not only that, but most of the calculations are done by the engine, so there is very little strain on the engine.

See the images below as examples. these emotes can be preformed by simple chat commands like /wave or /scratch or /sit. Again these are all using the existing models. If you have custom player models, they will also work properly with this. And the animations you can make are endless. And they will not require a whole new player model download for one more simple animation (since default 1.6 models have 111 animations, if you wanted to do what I did, the only other method would be to force your clients to download 9 custom models with different animations)

One downside, it takes 2 entities per player to function. But unless your already nearing the entity cap, you should be good

wrecked_ 03-10-2010 00:34

Re: Player Animations

That is amazing. Teach us of your holiness.

kanatzu 03-10-2010 02:08

I must agree that this is cool

KadiR 03-10-2010 10:50

Well are you going to release it or not? :mrgreen:

sgtbane 03-10-2010 20:45

its not really a workable plugin yet. the idea is there, but its just really a test plugin right now. any ideas of how it could be implemented? I guess all I got right now is someone says a keyword (/something) and it makes them do it. then as soon as they try to move, or if they say it again, it will stop

I'm also hoping that some of the other talented modelers who frequent these forums will see this and maybe be able to provide some of there skills.

wrecked_ 03-10-2010 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtbane (Post 1114066)
its not really a workable plugin yet. the idea is there, but its just really a test plugin right now. any ideas of how it could be implemented? I guess all I got right now is someone says a keyword (/something) and it makes them do it. then as soon as they try to move, or if they say it again, it will stop

I'm also hoping that some of the other talented modelers who frequent these forums will see this and maybe be able to provide some of there skills.

This might sound a bit strange, but you could use those animations that make them put their hand up happen whenever they hold down the +right and +left buttons, as if they were using turning signals.

About the modelers:
The majority of active modelers can be found in the ZP forum, but 75% of them are illiterate, non-steam, or converters. I still haven't found a good one for PA yet.

stevenisecko138 03-10-2010 21:10

cool :)

sgtbane 03-11-2010 17:14

3 Attachment(s)
A couple more...
Still a few bugs to work out of the plugin that handles it all though.

Left: I tried to make a prone type sequence. but I guess it could be easily used to feign a death or something like in TFC
Middle: Push up.... Kuz we all like to do push ups over top of corpses.
Right: Meditation. They float cross legged&armed

EXteRmiNaToR 03-11-2010 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtbane (Post 1114066)
any ideas of how it could be implemented?

Maybe it could be a plugin extension for the jailbreak mod(cts force ts make moves or something like that).
Anyway,i hate jailbreak and i hope of another idea of how this could be implemented.
Btw,very nice idea!:)

KadiR 03-11-2010 17:32

G-Mod comes to 1.6! :mrgreen: