AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Scripting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Help Compiling .sp to .smx (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=327151)

OG Link 09-03-2020 17:29

Help Compiling .sp to .smx

Hi OG Link here, I could use some help tf2 is a bit different then other programs I have worked with can someone help me understand why I can't compile this new vipmenu I had made by a old tf2 friend and now he can't help fix it idk where he is its been weeks anyway I try to compile the .sp to .smx and i get

vipmenu.sp : fatal error 183: cannot read from file: "multicolors"

I don't understand what the issue is I tried researching the issue and only found something about adding multicolors.inc to my cfg but idk what that means and im just editing it on my desktop so Im kinda confused any advice and help would be great thank you :D
:cry:

PC Gamer 09-04-2020 04:10

Re: Help Compiling .sp to .smx

1. find multicolors.inc file.
2. put it in your /sourcemod/scripting/include directory
3. try to compile your plugin.

Some plugin authors include bits of code from other authors. To do that their code will include a dependency on the the other authors work. You can tell when this occurs by looking at the top of the plugin code. It will say something like: #include <multicolors>

When you try to compile the plugin it will look in the /scripting/include directory for a file called multicolors.inc

I hope this helps....

OG Link 09-04-2020 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer (Post 2716575)
1. find multicolors.inc file.
2. put it in your /sourcemod/scripting/include directory
3. try to compile your plugin.

Some plugin authors include bits of code from other authors. To do that their code will include a dependency on the the other authors work. You can tell when this occurs by looking at the top of the plugin code. It will say something like: #include <multicolors>

When you try to compile the plugin it will look in the /scripting/include directory for a file called multicolors.inc

I hope this helps....

OHH Are you saying this has to be compiled inside my sourcemods folder I am just editing the file it self on my desktop.

awyx 09-04-2020 13:51

Yes, download sourcemod, and use scripting folder I suppose (you dont need the other folders for compiling I think), that how I usually do it.
Put your plugin in scripting/, and the multicolors include goes to scripting/include/.
Then compile it :)

OG Link 09-04-2020 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by awyx (Post 2716647)
Yes, download sourcemod, and use scripting folder I suppose (you dont need the other folders for compiling I think), that how I usually do it.
Put your plugin in scripting/, and the multicolors include goes to scripting/include/.
Then compile it :)

Haha I didn't know that Lol I feel dumb Okay thank you so much!

OG Link 09-04-2020 15:07

Not sure What I Am doing wrong But I can't get it working still I added it to scripting and have sourcemod copy from my server working with multicolors in include correctly and it still is saying same error?

OG Link 09-04-2020 16:03

NVM Figured it out
Edit: You gotta edit the files in sourcemods>scripting folder it self also and have all extensions in sourcemod as well