AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Glow2 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26836)

Kensai 04-09-2006 23:37

Glow2

1 Attachment(s)
Glow2

Remember the old amx_glow command, where you could go invisible and glow any color you want? Well its back.

The glow command I have, is where I have to pick a color, not make my own color. But if I missed something and there is still a glow command like this one, please delete this.

Description
=======

Allows Admins to make players glow any color witch any visibility they want.

Please note the glow wears off every new round.

I don't see why this shouldn't work on any mod, but I've only tested it on CS 1.6

Commands
=======

amx_glow2 <target> <red> <green> <blue> <alpha>

target - Name of the player you want to make glow.
red - How much red you want in the glowing, 0 is none 255 is full effect.
green - How much green you want in the glowing, 0 is none 255 is full effect.
blue - How much blue you want in the glowing, 0 is none 255 is full effect.
alpha - How transperent(invisible) the target is. 0 is completely invisible, 255 is normal.

Ex.
==
amx_glow2 Bob 0 0 0 0 - Makes Bob completly invisible.

Modules
=====

Fun

RGB List
========

Click Here

Kensai 04-25-2006 19:38

Does this work okay for everyone?

Bugs? Isssues? Suggestions?

v3x 04-25-2006 20:12

To get rid of the render effects you can simply do:
Code:
set_user_rendering(id);

Also, you do not need that if statement to check if the target is alive. Read more on the cmd_target flags in the funcwiki.

Brad 04-25-2006 20:29

There are entirely too many glow plugins already. However, I don't think any of them allow you to set the alpha.

Is anyone aware of one that does? Other than this one, of course.

Kensai 04-25-2006 20:34

I remember the very old one did, which is why I liked it. But it got changed to names of colors only.

GHW_Chronic 04-25-2006 20:36

the "all in one" plugin is the only other glow plugin I've ever used, has this command in it (not saying its same script, but its the same command syntax). Of course that plugin is indeed CS only.

Kensai 04-25-2006 20:42

Ah okay that must have been where I saw it.

Mordekay 04-26-2006 10:56

I have a little problem using it. I wanted to add it to the clcmd.ini to be able to use it from the menu. But if i use it from the mene not the suspected player starts glowing, only i glow or get invisible!
Used that code to include it into the clcmd.ini
Code:

"glow red"                "amx_glow2 #%userid% 255 0 0 255"                        "bd" "u"
"glow green"                "amx_glow2 #%userid% 0 255 0 255"                        "bd" "u"
"glow blue"                "amx_glow2 #%userid% 0 0 255 255"                        "bd" "u"
"invisible"                "amx_glow2 #%userid% 0 0 0 0"                                "bd" "u"

Btw, i cannot use it on my own, or better, it looks like i cannot use it on my own as my name is not highlightened in the clientcommand menu due to imunity. How can i override that or do i have to put these command into another menu?

v3x 04-26-2006 11:27

1 Attachment(s)
Kensai
:arrow:

Kensai 04-26-2006 20:12

Thanks.

New version let's you set glowing on yourself.

Updated****