AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Warning Servers [READ THIS!] Umm Hello? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=288444)

KleinMarquez 09-30-2016 06:50

Warning Servers [READ THIS!] Umm Hello?

Malware:

Other servers have a virus, so it popups an "Asks a File" when u exit the CS 1.6 but because when u open it the program, its actually harm your computer, like Adware and Trojans... Cause scan your antivirus!

Autoconnect:

Similar to a virus, but when you press "escape" you actual see, it changes a GameMenu, it auto connects you to the another server (happened when starting the game).

tousif 09-30-2016 08:03

Re: Warning Servers [READ THIS!]

Quote:

Originally Posted by KleinMarquez (Post 2458066)
Malware:

Autoconnect:

Similar to virus, but when you press "escape" you actual see, it changes a GameMenu, it auto connects you to the another server (happened when start the game).

Afaik , servers can't modify files of steamers . Btw seen this type of redirect and auto connect shit in non steam servers .

PRoSToTeM@ 09-30-2016 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tousif (Post 2458078)
Afaik , servers can't modify files of steamers .

They can.

tousif 09-30-2016 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRoSToTeM@ (Post 2458124)
They can.

If cl_filterstuffcmd is set to 0 then they can .

PRoSToTeM@ 09-30-2016 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tousif (Post 2458143)
If cl_filterstuffcmd is set to 0 then they can .

With 1 they also can.

klippy 09-30-2016 15:02

Valve please fix.

Depresie 09-30-2016 19:30

Well, if the guy who posted this is using steam, i have bad news for you guys, don't join random servers, if auto connect works, then i know couple tricks, that can mess up windows files...

But still, i have no idea if auto connect and this kind of stuff still works, i wasn't interested in this kind of stuff, and i never encountered this kind of shit, since i don't play on unknown servers

Later Edit:

Please do not PM me related to the method to mess up windows files and stuff, this kind of stuff should not be known by idiots, there's enough bullshit floating around right now

tousif 10-01-2016 00:45

Well , I set filterstuffcmd to 1 and I set all my cstrike files to read only .

Depresie 10-01-2016 09:02

Read only can protect you against bind and maybe auto connect, but If there is no good protection to block certain commands, it won't save your other files from pc..

I will try these days to see for sure if those commands I'm thinking about are blocked

KleinMarquez 10-01-2016 20:47

But, there's more:

Cheating/Hacking:

In your servers has not protected your server without VAC, the hacker is joining your game, such as WallHacks, ESP... U most enable Anti-Cheat mode.