AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Remove Server shortcut in Steam (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=187309)

deepaklost 06-11-2012 16:27

Remove Server shortcut in Steam

removed

Exolent[jNr] 06-11-2012 16:47

Re: Remove Server shortcut in Steam

Could be. Try reinstalling CS. Moved to Off-Topic.

Hyper Nova 06-12-2012 06:42

There are some ways i know to do this.

Post your
cstrike/config.cfg
cstrike/resource/CareerLoadingDialog.res
cstrike/resource/LoadingDialog.res
cstrike/resource/LoadingDialogNoBanner.res
cstrike/resource/LoadingDialogVAC.res

Just open the file with notepad and paste its inside here.
I can fix this thing without reinstalling cs.

fysiks 06-12-2012 18:57

I would recommend re-installing because it was likely a slowhack and you never know what else they did to your game.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-14-2012 18:56

before to reinstall, don't forget this: steam will delete everything when uninstalled !.

what to do ?
  • save or rename your *:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps directory.
  • after reinstaling, don't restore it as it is, the slowhack may still there.
  • restore your .gcf files, it's better than downloading all your games again.
  • restore your known directories like cstrike_french and czero_french (or whatever is your language). those directories are containing your non-official maps, models, sounds and sprites.
don't forget anything.

edit: maybe by deleting the files cited by Hyper Nova, or by deleting the cstrike/resource/ directory, the problem will vanish because steam will recreate those files from the .gcf ones.

fysiks 06-14-2012 19:57

Who said anything about re-installing Steam????? Just rename the "counter-strike" directory and then install Counter-Strike.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-14-2012 20:56

if I misunderstood it, my post is explaining some little stuff for those who reinstall the whole steam or just a game.

fysiks 06-14-2012 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 1728969)
if I misunderstood it, my post is explaining some little stuff for those who reinstall the whole steam or just a game.

What? That sentence doesn't make sense. The point I'm making is that he doesn't need to re-install Steam (and that was never mentioned either).

Also, as an FYI, after deleting the resource, none of the files will be "re-created" because the game will simply pull them from the .gcf when loading.

ANTICHRISTUS 06-15-2012 12:17

I don't know if you are correcting or criticizing me. sorry but your posts are really confusing sometimes, like here.

ps. sorry for the off topic, but your answers were really like flaming.

fysiks 06-15-2012 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS (Post 1729300)
I don't know if you are correcting or criticizing me. sorry but your posts are really confusing sometimes.

ps. sorry for the off topic, but your answers were really like flaming.

I was not flaming. I said your sentence didn't make sense (which I stated clearly).

The thing about the resource folder, I was just correcting you because it might be confusing for someone who reads your post and expects for those files to re-appear after they delete them and start the game again because they won't be re-created by the game.