AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Source 2009 Games] TOGs CONSOLE Chat Colors (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240554)

ThatOneGuy 05-17-2014 18:44

[Source 2009 Games] TOGs CONSOLE Chat Colors

2 Attachment(s)
Description
This plugin colors all chat messages from "CONSOLE". I remember looking for this once, and finding it nowhere, so I made it, and since I'm releasing some of my plugins today, threw this in. Per request, I have made it able to set a tag for console, the console name itself, and set separate colors for the tag, name, and chat.

Cvars:
  • togcc_consoletag - Tag to use for console. Set blank by default.
    togcc_consolename - Name to use for console. Set to "CONSOLE" by default.
    togcc_tagcolor - Hexadecimal value to use for console tag color (do not include #).
    togcc_namecolor - Hexadecimal value to use for console name color (do not include #).
    togcc_chatcolor - Hexadecimal value to use for console chat color (do not include #).

Changelog

Installation
Place the .smx file in your cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder.

Note: To compile it yourself, you will need the More Colors and AutoExecConfig includes.

This is not for CS:GO. Read the comments and description. "Source 2009 Games". CS:GO does not support hex code. The plugin can be easily modded for CS:GO, but hasn't been, though such a version is available in the comments.

Servers using this plugin
>>> Click here to check out my other plugins <<<

Azik 05-18-2014 06:57

Re: TOGs Console Colors

screenshoot guys ?

ThatOneGuy 05-18-2014 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azik (Post 2139377)
screenshoot guys ?

I'm not at a computer where I can do this at the moment, but I will try to upload one later. There isnt much to see though. The text from anything by console will be colored the specified color, instead of the default color (yellow in CS:S, e.g.). Regardless, I will upload one for you when I get the chance. Else, you can put it on a server for half a second, send on rcon command: "say TEST SENTENCE IN COLOR" or something like that, and it will print to chat "TEST SENTENCE IN COLOR" in the color specified in the cfg (red by default).

Ellie 05-19-2014 00:39

If you're using \x07 you should label this plugin as only for Source 2009 games. Reason being is that \x07 doesn't work in the L4D games, and in CS: GO \x07 is a specific color, not a hex-code color.

Also, that thread title made me think it was a plugin to change the color of messages in the console window (which I've been told is impossible, but I think there is a way). How about "TOGs Chat Colors for the server name Console" or something like that?

ThatOneGuy 05-19-2014 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie (Post 2139731)
If you're using \x07 you should label this plugin as only for Source 2009 games. Reason being is that \x07 doesn't work in the L4D games, and in CS: GO \x07 is a specific color, not a hex-code color.

Also, that thread title made me think it was a plugin to change the color of messages in the console window (which I've been told is impossible, but I think there is a way). How about "TOGs Chat Colors for the server name Console" or something like that?

Changed the title to better reflect those two things.

DJ Data 05-27-2014 17:48

Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs CONSOLE Chat Colors

Oh my god, finally someone made this, thank you!

ThatOneGuy 05-27-2014 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Data (Post 2143264)
Oh my god, finally someone made this, thank you!

I'm sure it's been made several times before, but for some reason no one has posted it as a plugin...so I figured I might as well. and you're quite welcome!

Tank Missile 05-27-2014 20:17

I edited the code to see if I could change the name of the console, and it worked! Maybe you could add a convar to change the console's name? Maybe tag support, along with tag, name, and chat colors to mix it up a bit?

ThatOneGuy 05-27-2014 22:04

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank Missile (Post 2143297)
I edited the code to see if I could change the name of the console, and it worked! Maybe you could add a convar to change the console's name? Maybe tag support, along with tag, name, and chat colors to mix it up a bit?

lol, this is beginning to sound like SCC or CCC. But since you asked...

Screenshots

Tank Missile 05-28-2014 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy (Post 2143316)
lol, this is beginning to sound like SCC or CCC. But since you asked...

Screenshots

This is fantastic, dude! I was sick of "Who's this console thing talking in gray?" type of messages when I used console. :) The only suggestion I have left is a very minor one. I only see CONSOLE: in the server console, and I rather see the tag and name I had put into the config file.