AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2 | Mapping & Gameplay] TriggerHappy (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=198672)

Pootis Spencer Ere 10-19-2012 09:45

[TF2 | Mapping & Gameplay] TriggerHappy

4 Attachment(s)
This plugin will remain under development on an as-needed basis.

This plugin adds event trigger support to your custom maps.

NOTE:
Currently, this plugin only supports triggers for voicemenu commands and sudden death events.
I plan on adding more triggers in the future as the need arises or if someone requests a specific trigger.

How to use:
  1. Download the attached (zipped) trigger_brush FGD file, place it in your SourceSDK folder with the other FGD files
  2. Import the FGD file into hammer
  3. Create a trigger_brush brush-based entity
  4. Name said brush to "voicemenu X Y"
    >> the name of this brush indicates which voicemenu command the map will listen for.
    >> for a list of voicecommands, see here
    >> please note that you need to subtract 1 from the above list's indicies;
    >> (Calling medic is "voicemenu 0 0", NOT "voicemenu 1 1" [that's for "incomming"])
  5. Wire up your trigger's USE output however you want.
    >> Now whenever someone uses the specified voicemenu command,
    >>>> the trigger_brush's USE output should fire and whatever event you desire will occur.
    >> the !activator IS passed to the triggered I/O chain, should you need it to; this allows you to filter your inputs too!

For a demo, Please see the attached zip file for VMF & BSP map.
in the demo, a Medic bot should spawn whenever a BLU player calls for a medic; nothing will happen if a RED player calls for a medic as the trigger is filtered by team.
(demo requires sv_cheats 1 and depending on server team balance settings, the medic might be RED)

Important Notes:
The attached FGD file enables you to use trigger_brush entity. this entity is SOLID with no way to make it non-solid.
it's best to put it somewhere where nothing could collide with it (or cleverly texture it into part of your map, I don't care.)
Also, if you name your trigger_brush to one of the following below, the game engine itself will automatically trigger these events (this plugin does not trigger them)
  • game_playerdie Fires whenever a player dies. The person who dies is the !activator
  • game_playerkill Fires whenever a player kills another player. (game_playerdie also fires) The person who killed the player is the !activator
  • game_playerjoin Fires whenever a player joins the game. The person who joined is the !activator
  • game_playerspawn Fires whenever a player spawns. The person who spawned is the !activator
  • game_playerleave Fires whenever a player leaves the game. The person who left is the !activator

Mapping Ideas
Here's some ideas and possibilites this plugin could add to your maps:
  • spawn engineer buildings when someone says to
  • payload maps could "switch" tracks depending on voicemenu "go left" "go right"
  • payload maps could start/stop the cart on voicemenu "go" or "no"
  • lock/unlock doors in sudden death (maybe even remove spawn walls?)

...the possibilities are endless. :)

History:
0.2 - 19 Oct 2012 - Added support for Sudden Death events
>> teamplay_suddendeath_begin Fires when sudden death begins
>> teamplay_suddendeath_end Fires when sudden death ends
>>>> These triggers can be used to change the map layout, un/lock doors, maybe even destroy that wall between spawns... it's up to you :)

0.1 - 19 Oct 2012 - Inital release, only supports voicemenu commands

FlaminSarge 10-22-2012 22:15

Re: [TF2 | Mapping & Gameplay] TriggerHappy

I like these map/mod plugin combos. More of these need to exist. Good job!

Majik64 12-02-2012 12:43

[Fixed]

salsav91 12-04-2012 21:27

Will this either right now or in the future. Be able to allow a single area to be melee only? If so then is that possible now. I would love to have this set around my boxing ring so whenever someone enters the area it will trigger them to melee only till they leave.