AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   [newb question] Is this possible? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=325990)

Ryan2 07-14-2020 02:06

[newb question] Is this possible?

I am curious if there is a way to record a POV of a 1v1 match? I would like my server to record both players and save the demos.

Is this something that would be simple to do?

Maxximou5 07-14-2020 03:06

Re: [newb question] Is this possible?

You would have to start by telling us what game.

Ryan2 07-14-2020 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxximou5 (Post 2710034)
You would have to start by telling us what game.

Sorry, for CSGO.

8guawong 07-14-2020 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan2 (Post 2710038)
Sorry, for CSGO.

just record demo with gotv
when you playback the demo you can change to the POV you want

Ryan2 07-14-2020 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8guawong (Post 2710077)
just record demo with gotv
when you playback the demo you can change to the POV you want

I am more so interested in automating it. Ideal scenario would be 2 players playing 1v1 and both their POVs will be saved on the server.

Is it possible to record demo and just get the POV without having to watch the demo and change the setting?

TomL. 07-14-2020 15:45

Have you ever tried Source/GoTV?
You can watch the matches directly by connecting to it and record server-sided demos.
The demos can be transfered to your local machine and played back with the game client and allow you to switch between players and different perspectives.
If you have GoTV enabled you can use tv_autorecord 1 to record a demo on map start.

Ryan2 07-14-2020 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2710109)
Have you ever tried Source/GoTV?
You can watch the matches directly by connecting to it and record server-sided demos.
The demos can be transfered to your local machine and played back with the game client and allow you to switch between players and different perspectives.
If you have GoTV enabled you can use tv_autorecord 1 to record a demo on map start.

I am looking for something so it doesn't need to be watched within the game so it can easily be accessed with no trouble to the person who wants to view them.

TomL. 07-15-2020 07:17

You can set GOTV to record demos on every map start with the cvar tv_autorecord 1.
A good way to make the demos available for everyone would be to put them on a webserver so they can be downloaded via browser.

Ryan2 07-15-2020 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2710175)
You can set GOTV to record demos on every map start with the cvar tv_autorecord 1.
A good way to make the demos available for everyone would be to put them on a webserver so they can be downloaded via browser.

Thanks! After some more research seems this is the closest way I can get to what I wanted to do.