AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   TF2Items (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   attempting to make medigun hurt players using tf2items. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=338611)

possibly_yaboi_mark 07-17-2022 02:35

attempting to make medigun hurt players using tf2items.

for various reasons, i need to make the mediguns in tf2 hurt players, as opposed to heal, and after messing with tf2items, specifically the attributes of heal rate penalty (index seven), attributes of heal rate bonus (index eight), and even negative numbers, i cannot figure out how to get it to function in the way i wish. is it possible i am missing something?

asherkin 07-25-2022 04:59

Re: attempting to make medigun hurt players using tf2items.

TF2Items can generally only do things that are already done in the game.

Blinx 08-12-2022 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by possibly_yaboi_mark (Post 2783947)
for various reasons, i need to make the mediguns in tf2 hurt players, as opposed to heal, and after messing with tf2items, specifically the attributes of heal rate penalty (index seven), attributes of heal rate bonus (index eight), and even negative numbers, i cannot figure out how to get it to function in the way i wish. is it possible i am missing something?

It's probably just not going to be possible, it's likely that it's hardcoded in TF2 that the medigun can only provide health, not take it away.

You'd probably have a better chance of hooking the "player_healed" event, and then either trying to set the "amount" to a negative value, or, setting it to 0 and then hurting the patient.

PHP Code:

"player_healed"
{

"patient"    "short"
    "healer"    "short"
    "amount"    "short"

Edit:

I had an explore of this myself, player_healed does not fire on every heal event, it fires every time that number pops up in the world that says how much you healed, so it's not reliable, it also doesn't consider overheal.

The method I ended up using was hooking the players prethink, checking to see if their medigun had a heal target, and if so, damage that heal target. If you need more guidance let me know.

possibly_yaboi_mark 08-29-2022 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinx (Post 2786268)
It's probably just not going to be possible, it's likely that it's hardcoded in TF2 that the medigun can only provide health, not take it away.

You'd probably have a better chance of hooking the "player_healed" event, and then either trying to set the "amount" to a negative value, or, setting it to 0 and then hurting the patient.

PHP Code:

"player_healed"
{

"patient"    "short"
    "healer"    "short"
    "amount"    "short"

Edit:

I had an explore of this myself, player_healed does not fire on every heal event, it fires every time that number pops up in the world that says how much you healed, so it's not reliable, it also doesn't consider overheal.

The method I ended up using was hooking the players prethink, checking to see if their medigun had a heal target, and if so, damage that heal target. If you need more guidance let me know.

thank you, that seems to have worked.