AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceBans / SourceBans++ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   User not verified, and Bans not blocking players. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263683)

Sir Pigles 05-30-2015 19:02

User not verified, and Bans not blocking players.

Linux - Ubuntu - 14.10.1
Team Fortress 2
MySQL - 5.5.41

I recently did an install of Source-bans, both to server and website. When I try to make a ban from the game it says:
Code:

[SourceBans] This player has not been verified. Please wait thirty seconds before retrying.
And when I perform a ban from the web panle they user gets kicked but not block when they try to rejoin.

Any help would be amazing, I can look up any files you might need.

DarkDeviL 05-31-2015 01:50

Re: User not verified, and Bans not blocking players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Pigles (Post 2302932)
I recently did an install of Source-bans, both to server and website. When I try to make a ban from the game it says:
Code:

[SourceBans] This player has not been verified. Please wait thirty seconds before retrying.
And when I perform a ban from the web panle they user gets kicked but not block when they try to rejoin.

You may see this message when the Steam network (or parts thereof) is temporarily unavailable, and that your server cannot validate that the user is the one he/she claims to be (e.g. that the Steam ID is correct for that user).

As the server is unable to validate who the user really is, SourceMod will not set any kind of administrator flags on the user (even if the user normally had some access), and SourceBans doesn't touch them either.

You could somehow see this as some kind of "identity control", where this user hasn't yet passed the control.

Daniel Alexandru 07-15-2020 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkDeviL (Post 2303064)
You may see this message when the Steam network (or parts thereof) is temporarily unavailable, and that your server cannot validate that the user is the one he/she claims to be (e.g. that the Steam ID is correct for that user).

As the server is unable to validate who the user really is, SourceMod will not set any kind of administrator flags on the user (even if the user normally had some access), and SourceBans doesn't touch them either.

You could somehow see this as some kind of "identity control", where this user hasn't yet passed the control.

And how can I fix that?

Elpapuh 07-15-2020 16:29

Quote:

And how can I fix that?
You can't, it's an steam issue, you could try to restart your server, but I don't think it would work

Daniel Alexandru 07-15-2020 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elpapuh (Post 2710246)
You can't, it's an steam issue, you could try to restart your server, but I don't think it would work

i tried restarting it,didn't work

gabr1ell 08-19-2020 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alexandru (Post 2710258)
i tried restarting it,didn't work

I don't think it's a problem with "Steam" itself.
Chances are high that the API is misspelled or invalidated, I recommend generating another key and testing again.