AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Global Offensive Realtime Map Editor (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=260617)

Backup 03-28-2015 11:17

Global Offensive Realtime Map Editor

Hi guys,
I'm working on this mod that allows players to build a map in game. Just like cs-editor, only way better and for csgo (or possibly any other source game).

There is a video where I show the basic concept - you sketch a polygon and extrude it into space. It then becomes solid and textured model.

At the moment, this mod is just a demo, quicky hacked together in few days. But I'm going to work on it in my spare time (that's not much) and post updates, to keep you teased. :)

So what do you think? Should i continue developing it? Would you "play" it? :)

Darkness_ 03-28-2015 11:53

Re: Global Offensive Realtime Map Editor

Brilliant.

Franc1sco 03-28-2015 11:57

Yes, is brilliant. You should continue with it and release it. Would be a very useful contribution. Especially for people that dislike the "hammer editor" (like me)

ViralExile 03-28-2015 12:33

This is A BRILLIANT idea

asherkin 03-28-2015 12:44

This is awesome, can't wait to peruse the code behind it.

Mitchell 03-28-2015 12:45

Is this done with entities? Curious to know how you got this to work.

Oshizu 03-28-2015 13:40

Looks interesting indeed...

When it's released gonna take a peek at it's source code for sure :D

Kia 03-28-2015 15:32

Shared this on reddit, prepare your YouTube views to explode.

EDIT: You better register at Reddit, it's already in Top 10 of hot section, lmao.

Backup 03-28-2015 18:10

About the code side - the first thing I'm going to do now is to scrap the whole code, because it is written for SourceMod and it needs to be rewritten as a MM module and SM plugin will be used only for frontend.

Mitchell: Every mod is done with entities :D (ok, not only entities, you need to include messages, events, ...)
For now, it is just models. But in the future, it should be compilible into bsp. The block creating would happen in three steps: 1) the pink brush, "flat", where you determine size 2) the textured brush, where you can modify textures and tweak it into perfection 3) the compiled brush, which couldn't be modified anymore (untill you would "uncompile" it back into step two)

Mitchell 03-28-2015 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backup (Post 2279222)
About the code side - the first thing I'm going to do now is to scrap the whole code, because it is written for SourceMod and it needs to be rewritten as a MM module and SM plugin will be used only for frontend.

Mitchell: Every mod is done with entities :D (ok, not only entities, you need to include messages, events, ...)
For now, it is just models. But in the future, it should be compilible into bsp. The block creating would happen in three steps: 1) the pink brush, "flat", where you determine size 2) the textured brush, where you can modify textures and tweak it into perfection 3) the compiled brush, which couldn't be modified anymore (untill you would "uncompile" it back into step two)

I'm not sure how it is in cs1.6, but there is a limit that will crash the server once it is reached with entity indices. (2048)

Im curious on how this works with models, and how you are able to make a smooth ramp like that lol. What entity are you using to display the brush?