AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Surftimer Sourcebans integration with Adming Flags (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=314238)

TrappaTroopa 02-09-2019 13:51

Surftimer Sourcebans integration with Adming Flags

So I have an issue with Surftimer (heavily-modified fork of ckSurf) where the admin flag for !ckadmin or !ckzones doesn't work when using Sourcebans.

I assume the plugin expects you to use Sourcemod's Admin cfg file and it reads that file.

So I am the only one that can create zones for maps. And I refuse to give anyone else root access to my server just so they can create zones.

I tred using admin overrides in SourceBan's and defined the commands sm_ckZones and sm_ckAdmin and assigning the b flag. No dice

Any ideas?

virusking 02-09-2019 14:40

Re: Surftimer Sourcebans integration with Adming Flags

The default server admin_overrides.cfg works just fine to override the required commands, make sure that the command you are attempting to override doesn't rely on some other permission in which case you have to add override rule for that command as well.

TrappaTroopa 02-09-2019 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusking (Post 2638882)
The default server admin_overrides.cfg works just fine to override the required commands, make sure that the command you are attempting to override doesn't rely on some other permission in which case you have to add override rule for that command as well.

But that requires me to setup SourceMod's admins.cfg file which comepletely defeats the purpose of using SourceBans Admins. And setting up the Admins_Override in SourceBans doesn't help

DarkDeviL 02-10-2019 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrappaTroopa (Post 2638898)
But that requires me to setup SourceMod's admins.cfg file which comepletely defeats the purpose of using SourceBans Admins. And setting up the Admins_Override in SourceBans doesn't help

Setting up overrides in the official SourceBans versions works just fine, without the use of admins.cfg (and similar files) on each server, that's what I've been doing ... for years.

Sounds more like the cksurf (and/or cksurf fork) you are using isn't listening to commands properly, in which case you should consult the team of that fork, in order to retrieve an update that is listening properly to commands:

If the one you are using is the one from "github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer", then a quick look seems to indicate that it does not allow overrides at all.

It is strictly looking whether you have ADMFLAG_ROOT, or the flag specified in the convar "ck_adminmenu_flag".

In order to adjust that behaviour, you need to have the Surftimer modified, where I would suggest you to consult the team of that "fork" so that they can make an update that allows the use of overrides.

TrappaTroopa 02-11-2019 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by arne1288 (Post 2639076)
Setting up overrides in the official SourceBans versions works just fine, without the use of admins.cfg (and similar files) on each server, that's what I've been doing ... for years.

Sounds more like the cksurf (and/or cksurf fork) you are using isn't listening to commands properly, in which case you should consult the team of that fork, in order to retrieve an update that is listening properly to commands:

If the one you are using is the one from "github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer", then a quick look seems to indicate that it does not allow overrides at all.

It is strictly looking whether you have ADMFLAG_ROOT, or the flag specified in the convar "ck_adminmenu_flag".

In order to adjust that behaviour, you need to have the Surftimer modified, where I would suggest you to consult the team of that "fork" so that they can make an update that allows the use of overrides.

Thank you arne! So I have tried setting ck_zonemenu_flag and ck_adminmenu_flag to both "b" and I still have the same result. I am using fluffyst version. I have opened issues on his github but it seems he no longer tracks it and his link to his Discord is invalid and so I have no idea how to get in touch. I just do not understand how this has never come up before as I do not see a related issue on his github issue tracker.

If anyone is using this Fluffyst's surftimer and you are using SourceBan's please let me know if you are seeing the same behavior I am. It would be nice to at lease get some confirmation. Thanks!

Solved! So my cfg had the wrong thing in it . I guess from an older version of the plugin and the cfg never updates itself unless you delete it and I never did.

The correct Calls is ck_zoner_flag NOT ck_zonemenu_flag. Aparently Fluffyst changed it at some point. My Admins can zone now.