AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Flashbug fix (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28492)

DarkSnow 05-15-2006 21:02

Flashbug fix

2 Attachment(s)
Flashbug fix version 1.0.5

Usage
Automated script, normal installation, requires the engine module.

What it does
It compares flashbang vectors with vectors loaded from config files, and if any flashbang is near these vectors they will be removed - to prevent the infamous flashbang bugs.

Note:
From version 1.0.3 this script works for multiple maps, not just de_dust2. You have to use the config files.

Credits:
DarkSnow - Author
v3x - Code improvements
VEN - Code improvements
MattOG - Information

Shameless advert
This script is also included in the generic ac-plugin "pest spray" (in development)

Cheers

Hawk552 05-15-2006 21:26

You should use a global variable and check in plugin_init if the map is dust2, since it requires a lot more resources to check every grenade think.

DarkSnow 05-15-2006 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk552
You should use a global variable and check in plugin_init if the map is dust2

Agreed, and done. Thnx

v3x 05-16-2006 00:29

Explain this whole "flashbug" thing :o

And even better:
Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Flashbug-fix", "1.0.1", "Darkdreams Studios")     get_mapname(mapname,31)     if(equal(mapname , "de_dust2"))         register_think("grenade","think_grenade"); }
Instead of checking it later on.

allenwr 05-16-2006 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3x
Explain this whole "flashbug" thing :o

And even better:
Code:
public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Flashbug-fix", "1.0.1", "Darkdreams Studios")     get_mapname(mapname,31)     if(equal(mapname , "de_dust2"))         register_think("grenade","think_grenade"); }
Instead of checking it later on.

theres a "hole" in the map de_dust2 by bomb site b... you can throw a flash bang in there and bind the tunnels inbetween mid and b.

KoST 05-16-2006 00:53

Quote:

That ain't a problem. Its a feature.

VEN 05-16-2006 05:36

Not to blame you or something, but i have an opinion.

hackzone isn't a point and therefore it can't be represented as a point.
Mainly it's a box and, hence, you can represent it with two points: (min, max).
Then in plugin you just have to check the distance between hackzone box and your grenade entity.

You may ask me "how can i calculate that distance?".
Well, i'd reply "very simple", just use fm_distance_to_box function from the Fakemeta Utilities :)

Curryking 05-16-2006 06:50

*hmmm no need to waste serverressources for fixing this bug, simple use the fixed files (de_dust2 de_inferno & de_train) which are required in all official leagues... (search for "mappack flashbug" on google)

Curry

DarkSnow 05-16-2006 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEN
Mainly it's a box and, hence, you can represent it with two points: (min, max).

Well, actualy the "hackzone" is a solid_bsp, and at some places you can manage to throw in a grenade that gets "stuck", and well inside it when it goes off flashes all nearby bsp nodes.

Anyway, it does not have to be a box, and it isnt a point. But the entry point for the boxes in de_dust2 can be checked by distance to point just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3x
And even better:

Agreed, and done. Thanks

v3x 05-16-2006 08:04

Approved. But I still don't know where this is in bombsite B. Maybe someone could take a screenshot :o