AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TF2: SnipemanMod : No knife kills or sapper building kills show on HUD. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67494)

Snipeman 02-25-2008 01:22

TF2: SnipemanMod : No knife kills or sapper building kills show on HUD.

1 Attachment(s)
This simple mod removes HUD notification for kills made with the Spy's knife, and when buildings are destroyed by sappers.

Cvars:

sm_hide_kills_knife 1
sm_hide_kills_sapper 1

Future plans:

No death cam when killed by a spy, or by a sniper's rifle. Also anything else I feel will make the game more interesting.

DontWannaName 02-25-2008 01:27

Re: TF2: SnipemanMod : No knife kills or sapper building kills show on HUD.

can you post screenshots?

Snipeman 02-25-2008 01:29

I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly. You want a screenshot of something not being displayed?

pRED* 02-25-2008 01:47

Yes.

I think it would go nicely with this screenshot of nothing.

Nice plugin.

#include assumes .inc by default but I guess theres no harm in having it there.

Approved.

bl4nk 02-25-2008 02:14

I'm just curious.. What's the reason behind this plugin?

DontWannaName 02-25-2008 02:30

Thats why I wanted a screenshot. To see the removed HUD and to know what it really does. I understand the 2nd part to not give out who the spy is and where the sniper is but not the first part. Pred, that screenshot has little tiny dots of something lol.

Snipeman 02-25-2008 05:12

Right now it just removes the kill spam in the upper-right corner for knife kills and sappers killing buildings. The reasoning behind this is that when a spy is behind enemy lines doing his stealthy thing, announcing where he is and what he's doing to the whole server via killspam is not cool, in my opinion.

If it's possible I might add the HUD notification back for just the attacker/victim. This first version was just what I whipped up in a few minutes, having never used Pawn or made a server modification before. After work I'll look into doing some more complicated stuff with the SDK calls and whatnot. Hope my tinkering here proves useful to somebody.

bl4nk 02-25-2008 10:43

I guess I can understand the spy part of the plugin, but I still don't get the sniper part.

Snipeman 02-25-2008 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 589528)
I guess I can understand the spy part of the plugin, but I still don't get the sniper part.

The sniper part of the plugin hasn't been implemented yet.

Back in the glory days of Team Fortress and Team Fortress Classic, snipers would spend a lot of time in front of or inside the enemy base shootin' dudes as they left. This is not currently viable as the killcam reveals the sniper's exact location to his victim. When the victim respawns he knows exactly where the sniper is and will hunt him down.

A major part of Team Fortress gameplay used to be growing more experienced and familiar with the maps, predicting where your enemies would be, and hunting them down. Removing the killcam in some of these instances will hopefully bring that dimension back to the game.

Got a couple late nights at work this week since there's a milestone deadline on Wednesday. Not sure when I'll be able to add the new features but I'll get to it when I can.

ThatGuy 02-25-2008 17:26

Looking forward to the sniper killcam!