AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   CS:S DM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   CSS:DM Beta - Dm_equipment.smx causing server crash (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=175344)

javajunkie 01-02-2012 23:08

CSS:DM Beta - Dm_equipment.smx causing server crash

I am running several Beta servers because of the small community of folks who like to play on them. Recently I decided to get it into my head to run a death match server however I cannot seem to get this to run. My understanding is there is not a whole lot of support in the plugin community but I'd like to take a shot and ask for help.

I see other Beta servers running CSS : DM without an issue using
MetaMmod 1.8.7 and Source Mod 1.40 dev but I can't get that combo to run using Windows 2008 server environment.

Here is my setup:

Metamod:Source 1.8.7
Source Mod 1.3.8
CS:S DM (2.1.4)

I updated all the gamedata files from cstrike to cstrike_beta. Except for the gun menu everything runs fine for example respawn and random spawn points.

These two files are the cause of DM not working on my setup:

cssdm.weapons.txt - cannot change cstrike to csstrike_beta (Note: not supposed to mod this file in anyway.)
dm_equipment.smx - when I have this plugin enabled it crashes the server during boot up.

I suspect the cssdm.weapons.txt needs to have the path updated to csstrike_beta to work correctly with the dm_equipment. One error I note when I do enable the dm_equipment is :

threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'CNet Encrypt:0'
Assert ( Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Cent Encrypt:0'>:.\threatdtools.cpp:2574

threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'SteamFindServerThread'
threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'CIPCServer::m_ThreadClient'

Bailopan can you assist? Any other CS:Beta DM admins out there get this working on a Windows server setup? Could you share your setup files? [email protected]

Thank you.

Livewire 01-04-2012 06:44

Re: CSS:DM Beta - Dm_equipment.smx causing server crash

Getting exactly the same problem with v2.1.4
getting a crash just after you select a gun from the menu.

Jasonbourne 01-10-2012 07:13

Same problem for me

crash on weapon select

Shadow501 01-17-2012 19:20

I have just installed a new DM server from scratch with the below plugins and I do get the same type of error as soon as you try and select a weapon.

threadtools.cpp (2574) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'CNet Encrypt:0'
Assert( Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'CNet Encrypt:0'):.\threadtools.cpp:2574

Listing 4 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.4.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] CS:S Tools (1.4.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] SDK Tools (1.4.1) by AlliedModders LLC
[04] CS:S DM (2.1.4) by AlliedModders

Peace-Maker 01-18-2012 10:08

The cstrike_beta isn't supported. SourceMod doesn't so CSS:DM doesn't too.

javajunkie 01-19-2012 15:31

I understand it isn't supported but it never hurts to ask the question.

I cannot understand why admins who were able to get this working will not share the information and steps they used to get this functional. But I guess that is their right to do so.

If you are an admin who got this working and if you would like to share this information please email me at [email protected] . I'd like to get the config files from you specifically the addon and cfg folders. Thanks!

I am going to look at event scripts to see if I can make it work. They also have a new release on GunGame which might as work well.

Thanks!

-Java

Shadow501 01-19-2012 19:03

From my side I am not running a beta version, I am running Counter-Strike-Source...