AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Snippets and Tutorials (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   [TOOLS] Notepad++ SourcePawn Syntax Highlighting 2k14 - Version 2 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251211)

404UserNotFound 11-07-2014 22:30

[TOOLS] Notepad++ SourcePawn Syntax Highlighting 2k14 - Version 2

1 Attachment(s)
Introduction
Most, if not all of you will know about the original tool created by user decaprime, which you can view here. I've used that tool ever since I started doing Sourcepawn scripting, but I had issues with it (due to using an outdated version of Notepad++). I recently updated my Notepad++ and decided to update the userDefineLang.xml file to bring it up to date with the most recent 1.7 snapshot. I'll be keeping this updated as much as possible.

Installation Instructions
1. Download the ZIP file attached
2. Extract the userDefineLang.xml file into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++ . You can navigate to the AppData folder by opening a folder and entering "%appdata%" into the address bar and pressing Enter.
3. Open Notepad++ and select "Language" on the top bar.
4. Select "SourcePawn" in the section where "Define your language..." and "User-Defined" appear.

Current Version
Updated for SourceMod Version: 1.7.0-git4954
Best used with Notepad version: Anything above 6.2 I believe, though I use 6.6.9

Change Log
Code:

Version 2.0 - November 18, 2014
- Added in highlighting for new TFConds for tf2.inc:
-- TFCond_HalloweenKart, TFCond_HalloweenKartDash, TFCond_BalloonHead, TFCond_MeleeOnly, TFCond_SwimmingCurse, TFCond_HalloweenKartNoTurn, TFCond_HalloweenKartCage

Version 1.0 - Initial Release
- Updated Keywords4 section to add un-highlighted lines from all include files (this includes everything in tf2.inc and cstrike.inc)
- Updated Keywords3 section to add in unhighlighted enum and funcenum names
- Added in new syntax and API terms into Keywords1 and Keywords3.
-- Keywords1: union, function, methodmap, typedef, property, struct
-- Keywords3: void, int, float, char

Did I miss something?

If I've missed something, let me know! If it's not from the base SourceMod includes (for example rtd.inc or saxtonhale.inc), I'm not going to be adding it.

Downloads before Version 2: 38

sim242 11-12-2014 09:10

Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting - 2014 Edition

Excellent! It's nice to see someone has taken the time to update and support a very useful scripting tool. Good job :)

404UserNotFound 11-12-2014 15:14

I also recently noticed that this color scheme is the same as Notepad++'s HTML language color scheme. I maaaay change it up a bit. Who knows?

Wliu 11-12-2014 21:35

Slightly off-topic, but it's nice to see that someone other than myself uses green for comments and not gray :P.

Nice job though (unfortunately, I just moved away from using Np++ as my primary editor, so I probably won't be using this).

kossolax 11-17-2014 09:14

Thank's

404UserNotFound 11-18-2014 18:32

Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting - 2014 Edition - Version 2

Version 2 released, changelog in main post.

ReFlexPoison 11-21-2014 12:20

Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ SourcePawn Syntax Highlighting 2k14 - Version 2

Have you implemented any auto-complete functions for this? There are too many versions of these...

404UserNotFound 11-21-2014 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison (Post 2226745)
Have you implemented any auto-complete functions for this? There are too many versions of these...

This is mainly just an update to decaprime's highlighting.

And there's only one version per editor which is just fine.

Roccoxx 11-23-2014 10:28

with this tool i have autocomplete words and natives?

404UserNotFound 11-23-2014 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roccoxx (Post 2227395)
with this tool i have autocomplete words and natives?

For autocompletion, use Decaprime's tool that I linked to in the opening sentence