AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] Death Check Final (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=343053)

eyal282 06-10-2023 22:35

[L4D2] Death Check Final

2 Attachment(s)
Fixes irritating bugs in existing death checkers such as takeover terminating a round.

Franco20 06-10-2023 23:59

Re: [L4D2] Death Check Final

It can't be downloaded even though it already finds another plugin similar to yours

eyal282 06-11-2023 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco20 (Post 2805842)
It can't be downloaded even though it already finds another plugin similar to yours

My bad, probably fat fingered a symbol + CTRL + s

Mr. Man 06-11-2023 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyal282 (Post 2805839)
Fixes irritating bugs in existing death checkers such as takeover terminating a round.

Does this replace Chris's version?

eyal282 06-11-2023 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Man (Post 2805873)
Does this replace Chris's version?

If I don't state a plugin as a dependency, 100%.

Elite Biker 06-11-2023 19:11

The difference between
[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Made By: chinagreenelvis

Does it effect on the last survivor while taking over?
- If i'm not wrong. There is a bug when taking over a bot while he's the only one.
And Taking over the bot will result into a lost, Because the game thinks everyone has died.

Sort of a fix of the Check Plugin? If this what it means by fixing it?

- Notice: I'm not wrong. There is a new one with new syntax by HarryPotter.

eyal282 06-13-2023 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Biker (Post 2805883)
The difference between
[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Made By: chinagreenelvis

Does it effect on the last survivor while taking over?
- If i'm not wrong. There is a bug when taking over a bot while he's the only one.
And Taking over the bot will result into a lost, Because the game thinks everyone has died.

Sort of a fix of the Check Plugin? If this what it means by fixing it?

- Notice: I'm not wrong. There is a new one with new syntax by HarryPotter.

I think the delay my plugin imposes fixes it.

The bug happens for some reason even if bots are treated as humans.

Automage 09-20-2023 11:42

Hello Eyal282, I hope everything is going well. I wanted to ask if you'd be open to a feature request. Right now, I'm using Silver's Incapped Weapons Patch, which lets survivors use adrenaline for revival. The 'deathcheck_incap_is_standing' parameter set to '1' is quite helpful, but there's a small issue I've run into. When none of the survivors have adrenaline, I have to wait until all incapacitated survivors die, which can be a bit of a time-waster for everyone.

It would be really nice if your plugin could do an extra check to see if human-controlled survivor bots, who are currently down, have adrenaline in their backpacks. If they do, the mission would continue; otherwise, it would end.

eyal282 09-20-2023 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automage (Post 2810295)
Hello Eyal282, I hope everything is going well. I wanted to ask if you'd be open to a feature request. Right now, I'm using Silver's Incapped Weapons Patch, which lets survivors use adrenaline for revival. The 'deathcheck_incap_is_standing' parameter set to '1' is quite helpful, but there's a small issue I've run into. When none of the survivors have adrenaline, I have to wait until all incapacitated survivors die, which can be a bit of a time-waster for everyone.

It would be really nice if your plugin could do an extra check to see if human-controlled survivor bots, who are currently down, have adrenaline in their backpacks. If they do, the mission would continue; otherwise, it would end.

There are !buy servers that let you buy adrenaline or full heal from incap. That's a bit problematic.

Automage 09-20-2023 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyal282 (Post 2810305)
There are !buy servers that let you buy adrenaline or full heal from incap. That's a bit problematic.

I agree. Maybe, if you add this idea, it could be optional. If people want to use it, they can just set the "deathcheck_incap_is_standing" parameter to 2 or something like that.