AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] BeTheGiant (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=261260)

xXDeathreusXx 04-08-2015 23:15

[TF2] BeTheGiant

2 Attachment(s)
This sprouted from the BeTheRobot plugin, and, in fact, uses alot of it's functions. I borrowed some bits and pieces of plugins over the many months I've been tweaking it, and I think it's in a release state as it is.

Installation:
  • Install the latest TF2Items snapshot
  • Install the latest version of TF2Attributes
  • Place .smx in addons/sourcemod/plugins
  • [Optional]Place .sp in addons/sourcemod/scripting
  • [Optional]Place .inc in addons/sourcemod/scripting/include

ConVars:
- sm_bethegiant_sounds: If on, robots will emit robotic class sounds instead of their usual sounds. (Default: On)
- sm_bethegiant_taunts: If on, robots can taunt. Most robot taunts are...incorrect. And some taunt kills don't play an animation for the killing part. (Default: On)
- sm_bethegiant_cooldown: If greater than 0, players must wait this long between enabling/disabling robot on themselves. Set to 0.0 to disable. (Default: 2.0)

Commands:
- sm_giant (Default: generic flag)
- sm_bethegiant (Default: generic flag)

To allow targeting others, add giant_admin to your override

Changelog:
Quote:

12/13/18 - 1.6.0 - Major revamp and rework

9/01/15 - 1.5.3 - More minor fixes

8/20/15 - 1.5.2 - Gave giants the "m_bIsMiniBoss" Netprop, other minor fixes

5/30/15 - 1.5 - Fixed footstep sounds (Yay)

4/30/15 - 1.4 - Fixed an error that would be spammed from a missing check

PC Gamer 04-09-2015 00:55

Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant

Thanks for the plugin!

An early observation is that the health needs to be tweaked a bit. When you die, you respawn as a Giant but with original stock health that can be healed to 3000hp. When you change class you spawn in normal size but the health shows as original stock health that can be healed to 3000hp.

My preference would be that when you die or change class you spawn in a stock size with stock health.

Keep up the good work!

xXDeathreusXx 04-09-2015 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer (Post 2283729)
Thanks for the plugin!

An early observation is that the health needs to be tweaked a bit. When you die, you respawn as a Giant but with original stock health that can be healed to 3000hp. When you change class you spawn in normal size but the health shows as original stock health that can be healed to 3000hp.

My preference would be that when you die or change class you spawn in a stock size with stock health.

Keep up the good work!

I had thought about making it an option if you want it to toggle, or just be a one off that reverts when you die or touch a closet, but I couldn't bring my lazy ass to do it

As for the health, I'm aware that it does this, and I'm trying to figure out why it does this

As a side note, some classes should be restricted from being giant, just because I wanted it to be authentic by having only real giants allowed, classes like the spy and sniper are being restricted from getting giant status, yeah? I know that they are restricted if your that class when running the command, but changing class while you have the giant status I haven't tested

awesome144 04-10-2015 21:48

Valve updated their sound file shet. They are all
.mp3 files
Well most of them.
So you might want to find which are updated because some unused ones haven't been changed.

xXDeathreusXx 04-11-2015 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome144 (Post 2284683)
Valve updated their sound file shet. They are all
.mp3 files
Well most of them.
So you might want to find which are updated because some unused ones haven't been changed.

Again?

Edit: Ok, that was very general, what I meant was I know this, but the thing is, robo sounds were already in .mp3, and after the mp3 change they went to .wav for some odd reason, physics and other miscellaneous sounds also switched to .wav

awesome144 04-12-2015 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx (Post 2285001)
Again?

Edit: Ok, that was very general, what I meant was I know this, but the thing is, robo sounds were already in .mp3, and after the mp3 change they went to .wav for some odd reason, physics and other miscellaneous sounds also switched to .wav

Well maybe valve should stop messing around with the audio files. Or just make all mp3 cause this seemed ridiculous in the first place. Guess they didn't want to change the unused files either.

SuperU 04-21-2015 12:01

I added in my admin overrides file

sm_giant "t"
sm_giantrobot "t"

But people who have this flag can't access to it.

Can you tell if im doing something wrong?

xXDeathreusXx 04-21-2015 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperU (Post 2288664)
I added in my admin overrides file

sm_giant "t"
sm_giantrobot "t"

But people who have this flag can't access to it.

Can you tell if im doing something wrong?

The overrides are in the OP, I'll bold them out for you

SuperU 04-21-2015 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx (Post 2288725)
The overrides are in the OP, I'll bold them out for you

i was confused with something now i can fix it thanks

xXDeathreusXx 04-22-2015 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperU (Post 2288781)
i was confused with something now i can fix it thanks

Glad I could help? Lol?