AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Special Ammotypes awarded (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=98354)

AtomicStryker 07-24-2009 17:31

[L4D] Special Ammotypes awarded

10 Attachment(s)
Again, i ported a minor part of the Survivor Upgrades Collection to be used independently and with more options.

Big Thanks to Fyren for giving us Survivor Upgrades and Jerrith for his Great cumulative Plugin

This Plugin awards either hollowpoint or incendiary or DumDum ammo for every [cvar] Infected killed. You get a small HUD status update on every 20 Infected kills. You then have [cvar] rounds of special ammo to fire. A novelty: Shotguns use up 5 times more special ammo rounds, so they can't have 5 clips of hollowpoints while you have one in your m4. Every 10 rounds fired you get notified about your remaining supply.

NOTE: Rounds are not gun exclusive or reload sensitive.

Witches cannot be set on fire with incendiary ammo, and whether tanks can or cannot be you decide with a [cvar].

Ahem. Cvars.

l4d_specialammo_killcountsetting (default 50) how many Infected Kills it needs to be awarded special ammunition.

l4d_specialammo_amount (default 100) how many special ammo rounds you get. This means 100 Uzi shots or(!) 20 shotgun shots.

l4d_specialammo_canlighttank (default 0) does incendiary ammo set the tank on fire. Impossible to dodge.

l4d_specialammo_recoilreduction (default 1) does special ammo also include recoil reduction?

l4d_specialammo_dumdumforce (default 150) how much kickback does a DumDum round apply

THIS PLUGIN IS FOR VERSUS AND SURVIVAL ONLY
if you want Upgrades like this in Coop, i suggest using one of the other, more extensive Upgrade Plugins

Changelog:

1.0.0 - Release
1.0.1 - Adds a massive speed boost to Tanks burned by incendiary ammo
1.0.2 - Bugfix. 1.0.1 was broken
1.0.3 - More Bugfixing. Tanks should now only get burned when the convar is set
1.0.4 - Special Ammo Bullet Impact FX added
1.0.5 - New Special Ammo added, DumDums!! They have Knockback
1.0.6 - Expire Messages Suppression fixed
1.0.7 - afterburn particle effect for incend. ammo added, code optimizations

alicia 07-24-2009 17:40

Re: [L4D] Special Ammotypes awarded

Very cool. Can this be used in conjunction with Survivor Upgrades? I have removed the incendiary and hollow points from Server Upgrades because it makes it too easy, but a reward system based on kills would be a nice add.

AtomicStryker 07-24-2009 17:53

It can, however the hollowpoint und recoil Survivor Upgrades might interfere. At some points the Survivor Upgrades Plugin clears all.

One thing:

The ammo does not stack. If you get awarded new ammo before the old one is used up (for low kill count settings), all old ammo gets deleted.

Another thing:

This has nothing to do with your ACTUAL ammo amount. You don't get more m4 or shotgun rounds. The ones you fire get special.

alicia 07-24-2009 18:10

I tried it and works didn't notice issues, but when running and gunning I didn't pay to much attention to my ammo counts. Thanks for the plugin. :D

webtax 07-24-2009 18:57

ill be waiting for more feedback of how it works in conjunction with survivor upgrades. Gonna try it anyway :). thanks

working all right for the first round and survivor upgrades incendiary and howllow disabled.

olj 07-25-2009 04:27

Can someone test it with Survivor upgrades?

Sora3100 07-25-2009 06:30

This plugin rocks! :D

Sora3100 07-25-2009 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sora3100 (Post 881305)
This plugin rocks! :D

By the way the fire ammo only works on Special Infected :( (Fire Ammo does not work on Witch)

AtomicStryker 07-25-2009 10:58

Yes. Because on a Witch it's bugged.

@olj
If you use Survivor Upgrades, you don't need this? xD

Tanks burned by special ammo have every right to be pissed - so i added a massive Speed Boost (130%) to any Tank that gets burned by incendiary shells.

Remmington 07-25-2009 11:41

I tested on our server last night, its running survivor mod, I turned off combat sling, incin ammo, and hollow points. You plugin worked right up to the point I got the ammo, I was awarded incin ammo, once I began using it, it was not lighting anything on fire, however it was depleting the ammo.

Do I need to leave those items on in the survivor mod?