AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] Fix cl_interp exploit (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=326112)

WhiteFalcon 07-18-2020 18:27

[TF2] Fix cl_interp exploit

1 Attachment(s)
Fixes an exploit related to cl_interp, in which the ConVar values changes, but CBasePlayer::m_fLerpTime doesn't.

I don't think i should demonstrate the exploit, or how it can be achieved, you do that by yourself.

enderandrew 07-19-2020 02:42

Re: [TF2] Fix cl_interp exploit

How do I know what exploit fix plugins I need for TF2 and which ones have been patched by Valve?

WhiteFalcon 07-19-2020 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by enderandrew (Post 2710700)
How do I know what exploit fix plugins I need for TF2 and which ones have been patched by Valve?

Pretty sure you can find it easity in youtube. And no, valve did not patch it yet.
Also edited the original post, it was quite too late i noticed m_fLerpTime already existed as Prop_Data.

enderandrew 07-19-2020 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFalcon (Post 2710717)
Pretty sure you can find it easity in youtube. And no, valve did not patch it yet.
Also edited the original post, it was quite too late i noticed m_fLerpTime already existed as Prop_Data.

I figured since you just put this out that it is a current exploit.

I meant other than this one, which other exploit fixes should I be running? I think there are 20-30 of these plugins released as TF2 exploit fixes and I don't know if I need to run them all.

WhiteFalcon 07-19-2020 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by enderandrew (Post 2710796)
I figured since you just put this out that it is a current exploit.

I meant other than this one, which other exploit fixes should I be running? I think there are 20-30 of these plugins released as TF2 exploit fixes and I don't know if I need to run them all.

It's all up to you, most if not all of exploit published here are deprecated by their author, since valve already patched them.
as for now, i'm only aware of cl_interp exploit and spray thing.

Judge_Duck 07-19-2020 18:03

Thanks for the plugin.

I've been playing a while but new to running servers this year. Everything I google about this exploit is from 2018-2019, are there other ways to mitigate this issue that people have been using in the meantime?

sapphonie 06-16-2021 21:50

Please remove this. Changing m_fLerpTime does not effect the client's actual interpolation value, I am pretty sure you would need to dig into gamedata for that. Plus, valve fixed this exploit months ago when they properly linked the cl_interp convar and other such convars related to it to properly update when changed. This plugin ALSO does 0 bounds checking, causing clients to get banned by anticheat plugins like StAC (mine) and LilAC for having "nolerp" when in reality, they did nothing wrong. And again, interp isn't even solely based off of the cl_interp convar, nor has it been for a long time.