AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S/?] Suicide Reward v1.6.8 (Updated: 8/20/12) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129546)

thetwistedpanda 06-13-2010 21:07

[CS:S/?] Suicide Reward v1.6.8 (Updated: 8/20/12)

3 Attachment(s)
Description:
  • This plugin will provide an attacker of a player who suicides - be it by their own actions, by falling damage, or by another map entity - reward for that player's death. In other words, if you attack someone and they die by means other than another player, you're going to receive credit for that kill.
  • May function on other games, however, no testing has been preformed.
Features:
  • Choose from one of three operating modes:
    • The player who inflicts the highest total damage receives credit.
    • The player who inflicts the highest single amount of damage at any given time during the round receives credit.
    • The player who last attacked the player receives credit.
  • Ability to modify the string being used for the attacker's weapon, which means you can track the kill or classify it as another weapon (such as prop_physics or weapon_knife).
  • Provides an optional feature that will delay a player's suicide attempt by x seconds when they attempt to kill themselves.
ConVars:
  • sm_suicide_reward: Allows you to enable / disable the plug-in.
  • sm_suicide_reward_event: The cause of death used when a player suicides after being previously attacked.
  • sm_suicide_reward_mode: Determines detecting functioanlity. (-1 = Last Attacker, 0 = Single Highest Damage, 1 = Most Damage)
  • sm_suicide_reward_delay: The number of seconds after a suicide attempt a player must wait before killing himself/herself. -1.0 = Disabled
Installation:
  • Place sm_suicide_reward.smx inside of /sourcemod/plugins/
  • Place suicide_reward.phrases.txt inside of /sourcemod/translations/
Credits:

PabloP 07-08-2010 17:46

Re: [CS:S] Suicide Reward

This is one of the awesomest ideas ive ever seen, hopefully stop those ****** from using "kill" command before they die. Ill try it out

PabloP 07-08-2010 17:50

OK i have a question already, havent seen if it works yet, but what would i set the event to if i want the kill logged as the other person getting credit instead of a suicide?

looks like it works pretty good. Still wondering how to make it log as a kill though?

and so i dont have to explain later, im using it for gungame, hoping people can gain levels through this when **** suicides before getting owned.

So i guess it says weapon, i could possibly choose either knife, and theyd always level up or nade for just nade level?

thetwistedpanda 07-09-2010 02:14

I'm not sure I understand your post. Currently, the player already gets credit for killing the player through the cvar sm_suicide_reward_event. I'm not sure if this would work with gungame, however, the event is pre-hooked so in theory you should be able to modify it and make gungame think an actual death occured. You could try setting sm_suicide_reward_event to weapon_knife and see if it gives the player credit.

PabloP 07-09-2010 09:16

Yeah thats what i was getting at thanks ill try

PabloP 07-13-2010 16:55

Awesome, works like a charm. once i figured out it auto creates a config :]

thetwistedpanda 07-13-2010 17:14

Glad to hear!

PabloP 09-28-2010 20:48

ok so, sadly i just noticed this wasn't working to level people down on gungame anymore.
(I BELIEVE THE PLUGIN IS WORKING PERFECTLY) After some thinking and looking around i have come to the conclusion it must have stopped working when i went back to gg 5.1 after the OB crap.

anyway to the point, just wondering if you have any knowledge to make this plugin work with gungame51 :[

thetwistedpanda 10-24-2010 23:51

v1.6.0: The plugin's code has been optimized as much as possible.

siangc 11-09-2010 09:52

hm where's the files?

edit:
haha, thanks!