AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Random Monster Fun 1.0.180 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63205)

Brad 11-14-2007 22:01

Random Monster Fun 1.0.180

4 Attachment(s)
Random Monster Fun 1.1.204 (released: December 15, 2007)

This plugin will spawn random monsters on random people at random times. Why? Because it's funny.

For each individual player, approximately every 5 minutes, RMF will randomly decide whether to spawn monsters on that player or not. The player must be alive and the freeze time for the current round must be over for monsters to spawn.

Table of Contents

Support
Installation
Options (CVARS)
Additional Requirement(s)
Change Log
Installation Files

Support

You can receive support for this plugin either within this thread or on the GameSurge IRC network, channel #mixedberry. Non-Steam servers are not supported.

Installation

Default File Locations:
  • .\gamemod\addons\amxmodx\plugins\rmf.amxx
  • .\gamemod\addons\amxmodx\configs\rmf.ini (sample provided with this plugin)
  • .\gamemod\monster_precache.cfg (provided with monster mod)

Options (CVARS)

rmf_chance <iPercent>
Specifies the 1 in iPercent chance of having a monster spawned per event (approximately 5 minute interval).

The default is 10.

Setting this value to 1 would result in monsters spawning every event.

rmf_precache_file <cFileLocation>
Specifies the location and name of the monster precache file that came with Monster Mod.

If left blank, as it is by default, file is assumed to be .\gamemod\monster_precache.cfg

rmf_ini_file <cFileLocation>
Specifies the location and name of the ini file that tells RMF which monsters to spawn and how many of each.

If left blank, as it is by default, file is assumed to be .\gamemod\addons\amxmodx\configs\rmf.ini. Only monsters that were precached by Monster Mod will be spawned.

Additional Requirement(s)

The "Monster Mod" metamod plugin must be installed for this plugin to work. You can find the version I use for *Windows* below. If anyone has a version of Monster Mod for Linux, please let me know.

If you already have a copy of Monster Mod installed, you certainly don't need this. If you're using the version I supplied, follow these steps to install:

Step 1

Extract everything in the monster.zip file directly into your mod folder (i.e. cstrike, dod, etc.), maintaining the folder structure within the ZIP.

Step 2

Add the following to your metamod.ini file:

Quote:

win32 addons/monster/dlls/monster_mm.dll
Step 3

Edit the extracted .\gamemod\monster_precache.cfg file to your heart's content. Don't go overboard though. My server can only handle about 5 different monsters being precached at a time. Your mileage may vary.

Change Log

[2007-12-15] v1.1.204
  • Monsters are killed on round end now rather than upon round start. This fixes an issue where players could die when they spawn, as the monster is in the process of dying.

Installation Files

BAILOPAN 11-14-2007 22:09

Re: Random Monster Fun 0.0.180 (BETA)

Hi, Brad. I believe this plugin has stolen the monsters that were under my bed and I would appreciate it if they could be put back there. Thanks

Roach 11-14-2007 22:09

Re: Random Monster Fun 0.0.180 (BETA)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN (Post 552918)
Hi, Brad. I believe this plugin has stolen the Twilight Suzuka under my bed and I would appreciate it if she could be put back there. Thanks

Fixed.

vvg125 11-14-2007 22:10

Re: [BETA] Random Monster Fun 0.0.180

Woah! Since when does AMX Mod X endorse in theft?!

But you made real good use of those stolen monsters Brad. Nice work.

Brad 11-25-2007 09:48

Re: Random Monster Fun 1.0.180

OMGZORS! I took the liberty of approving my own plugin because I'm hawt like that. This is version 1.0! No more beta*! Woot! You know you love it.

* because absolutely no one other than myself tested this, i gave myself the okay to say it's bug-free and feature complete (that's just how i roll)

Noise 11-26-2007 13:13

Anyone have monstermod for linux? Us linux people love monster too :(

Arkshine 11-26-2007 13:52

1 Attachment(s)
Try this : Monster v3.01.04

Noise 11-26-2007 14:50

Awesome, thanks :)

Noise 11-26-2007 15:59

If I wanted to change the location of the precache file, is the following correct to add to my amxx.cfg file (cs 1.6 server):
rmf_precache_file ".\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\monster_pre cache.cfg"

Brad 11-26-2007 16:07

\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\monster_preca che.cfg

would be fine but it's not really something that I'm aware you can change. that particular file comes with Monster Mod and I believe it expects to find it, well, where it expects to find it.