AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Achievement Notifier (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81992)

Vicious Angel 01-19-2009 14:51

Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier

I had a closer look to your code and i think this fonction is not working :

PHP Code:

public OnRoundEnd(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
isMapTransition true;

I think it's not going into the function so the variable isMapTransition is still false instead of being true.

The thing is i dunno if it's caused by the sourcemod 1.2.0.2534 version or if it's not the proper function called ?

blah604 01-20-2009 21:02

so not all the achievement can be achieved by this.

omadhaun 01-20-2009 21:06

Currently, it is designed to notify the players running a campaign regarding which achievements are currently possible based on their actions to that point.

However, this version only notifies players about the following achievement's status:
Safety First
Untouchables
Stomach Upset

blah604 01-20-2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by omadhaun (Post 747381)
Currently, it is designed to notify the players running a campaign regarding which achievements are currently possible based on their actions to that point.

However, this version only notifies players about the following achievement's status:
Safety First
Untouchables
Stomach Upset

like the HUD? on tf2? i thought this helps you get the achievement w/o doing it just type !achievements

omadhaun 01-22-2009 23:30

Yes, it is similar to the TF2's HUD in the sense that you can see which of the selected achievements are possible at any moment during a campaign on a server running this plug-in.

Unfortunately it doesn't keep the cheev status on the screen at all times. It notifies you when a cheev is no longer possible, and when manually called up using the "!achievements" say command.

ApocalypseDan 01-25-2009 10:05

Just to let you know When you enter a safe room the Safety first achievment becomes unobtainable but it dose not mean any one has shot any one.
Great pluging though many thanks

omadhaun 01-26-2009 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApocalypseDan (Post 749845)
Just to let you know When you enter a safe room the Safety first achievment becomes unobtainable but it dose not mean any one has shot any one.
Great pluging though many thanks

Yes, this also affects Stomach Upset. Something is not working in the code with the "isMapTransition" or so it seems.

Vicious Angel 01-31-2009 07:00

1 Attachment(s)
I found out what was the problem. Each new round the plugin is executed 2 times (certainly due to L4D itself). The direct consequence to this is that instead of being TRUE, isMapTransition is FALSE.

The solution i found is to use an integer counter rather than a boolean.

I've attached my corrected plugin. It works :)

rennex 02-04-2009 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Angel (Post 753125)
I've attached my corrected plugin. It works :)

Looks like your code sets EndRoundCounter to zero whenever any vote passes (line 221). You can remove that line, since ResetAllAchievements() is called if the vote was to restart the campaign.

I can't comment on the other changes, I'll take your word that they work :wink:

Fexii: we want Nothing Special! Please hurry :mrgreen:

Wild1234 03-07-2009 18:01

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rennex (Post 755923)
Looks like your code sets EndRoundCounter to zero whenever any vote passes (line 221). You can remove that line, since ResetAllAchievements() is called if the vote was to restart the campaign.

I can't comment on the other changes, I'll take your word that they work :wink:

Fexii: we want Nothing Special! Please hurry :mrgreen:

Well, here is a little attempt I made to make it track nothing special. Don't think it will count an attack from a witch as she oddly seems to count the same as being hit by a normal zombie on the player_hurt event. But if you don't notice when she hits you, you have more problems than just trying to get that achievement:)

Seems to work from the testing I've done so far, hopefully somebody will find this useful.