AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=61913)

red! 11-11-2007 11:39

Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarkerJr (Post 551690)
Do you think that's my problem? I have 4 public slots, out of 6 slots total. So that's 2 implicit reserved slots.

I guess my point is that when my server has 3/4, the plugin writes to the console that 4/4 public slots are in use. This is incorrect.

sv_visiblemaxplayers 4
sm_hreserved_drop_method 0
sm_hreserved_redirect_target 127.0.0.1:27015

this happens with the server-console if somebody joins?
Hm. That's strange. Behaves different for me. I'll check that out again. Did you try with a windows-server or with a linux-box? Should behave the same, but who knows. something must be different for our configurations - and I just need to figure out what it is.

edit:

tried that out with my delelopment-server. I updated to the latest game-version and the latest sourcemod from the subversion-repository. it is counter-strike:source on a linux-box. this is the output if I connect 2 players to the empty server:

Client "Jules" connected (192.168.1.20:27005).
[hreserved_slots] no slot amount defined, using 1 hidden slots as reserved.
[hreserved_slots] public slot used (1/14)
Client "red!" connected (192.168.1.21:27005).
[hreserved_slots] no slot amount defined, using 1 hidden slots as reserved.
[hreserved_slots] public slot used (2/14)

this is exactly what I expected it to be.

edit 2:

maybe you could check out if changing line 181 from

new currentClientCount = GetClientCount(false);

to

new currentClientCount = GetClientCount(true);

I have some concerns if this would be a good idea if two or more people join exactly the same time but maybe this will generate a more predictable result. Would be nice if you test this and tell me wht happened.

edit 3:

changed the behaviour to GetClientCount(true) for release 1.2.2
would still be nice if you check this one out and tell me about your used os/game (maybe TF2?)
this could be a sourcemod bug.

red! 11-11-2007 12:40

update: released version 1.2.1

this one does not contain any functional changes - there is no need for people to upgrade when they did not encounter problems. I just extended the output of the hrs_status command and restructured/commented the code segment bakerJr had concerns about (without functional changes).

edit:

released version 1.2.2
did not feel good with BakerJrs problem, tried to build a workaround to get a comparable behaviour for all configs/platforms.

strontiumdog 11-11-2007 14:23

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the web page based joining system by Karma.
Modified for SourceMod and hReserved_Slots!

red! 11-11-2007 17:31

oh, cool. maybe you should be careful with the re-eanable feature. there is a small issue I did not take into mind when creating the cvar-hook. if you use this feature and have more than one reserved slot, most likely only one slot will be freed on re-enabling. I am fixing this, but this needs some restructuring and will not be just a small change. thanks to Bakerjr

red! 11-11-2007 18:09

okay, at last the 3. version for this day :-/

version 1.2.3 should fix the bug mentioned above.

manofphat 11-11-2007 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by red! (Post 551448)
update:

version 1.2:

- added cvar sm_hreserved_bot_protection
- made hrs_status an official command (cleaned up output & restricted access to admins with generic admin flag)
- hooking on cvar sm_hreserved_slots_enable to make slots to be freed if plugin is enabled at runtime

Thanks for the bot protection. :)
I'm glad now only people with the reserved slot flag gets them instead of all the admins :)

komat 11-12-2007 21:37

anyone notice with tf2
if you use the reserve slot . most of hte time you get the nullname bug?

red! 11-13-2007 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by komat (Post 552238)
anyone notice with tf2
if you use the reserve slot . most of hte time you get the nullname bug?

I do not known anything about a nullname bug, neither did anyone report such a bug before. I do not own TF2, so I can not investigate it on my own. But feel free to describe it to me. Post your hreserved-config, a dump of the hrs_status command and the sourcemod error-log entries regarding my plugin (to be found in addons/sourcemod/logs).

sphinx 11-17-2007 03:48

can you modify your plugin such way that we don't have to manually run the plugin cfg file from server.cfg ?

red! 11-17-2007 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphinx (Post 553759)
can you modify your plugin such way that we don't have to manually run the plugin cfg file from server.cfg ?

em, yes, I think I announced that somewhere back in this thread. I will do so if I have some spare time.