AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Questions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   I cannot install metamod and it's driving me nuts. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=304519)

VoidSilent 01-17-2018 16:39

I cannot install metamod and it's driving me nuts.

2 Attachment(s)
So, a couple of days ago I did a clean install of metamod and sourcemod on a server and everything worked wonderfully. Now I'm trying to do create another server but I can't make it work. I download metamod and put everything into the right place but it doesn't work! I've tried many different suggestions that ive found online but nothing works. I attached images of how my directories look and my metamod.vdf file.

I get the error "unknown command "meta" when using the console command meta list".

Thanks.

[SOLVED]

Spirit_12 01-17-2018 17:10

Re: I cannot install metamod and it's driving me nuts.

What game? What OS? You can't expect anyone to help you with such vague details.

VoidSilent 01-17-2018 18:32

You're right, I'm sorry.

The game is Counter Strike:Global Offensive, Windows 10, Metamod version 1.10.7

Fyren 01-17-2018 19:38

When you say 1.10.7, which specific build number?

At your server console, what's the output of plugin_print? What's it say if you do plugin_load addons/metamod/bin/server?

VoidSilent 01-18-2018 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyren (Post 2572625)
When you say 1.10.7, which specific build number?

At your server console, what's the output of plugin_print? What's it say if you do plugin_load addons/metamod/bin/server?

- Build number is 961
- The output of plugin_print is "Loaded plugins: ---------- (endline) --------- ", basically it indicates there are no plugins
- When I did plugin_load addons/metamod/bin/server it said it loaded the plugin then I did plugin_print and the Metamod plugin is now appearing, now do I need to do this everytime I open the server?

Spirit_12 01-18-2018 16:45

I would look into your metamod.vdf file.

VoidSilent 01-18-2018 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit_12 (Post 2572778)
I would look into your metamod.vdf file.

I tried so many different ways of defining the directory but none works...

Here's how it looks right now (and it's as it comes by default)
"Plugin"
{
"file" "addons/metamod/bin/server"
}

Fyren 01-18-2018 21:11

I don't know why the VDF doesn't automatically load MM:S if the same path in it worked with plugin_print. Do you see anything unusual in the console when you start the server?

VoidSilent 01-19-2018 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyren (Post 2572811)
I don't know why the VDF doesn't automatically load MM:S if the same path in it worked with plugin_print. Do you see anything unusual in the console when you start the server?

Exactly! I dont understand, the only possible thing is that I may be placing the VDF on the wrong folder, can you please check the attached zip file that contain pictures of my directories.

I dont see anything unusual on the console

VoidSilent 01-22-2018 18:26

Solved... Was in the wrong folder after all