AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   admins_simple.ini Immunity Question (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96120)

XBlade_RunnerX 06-30-2009 21:20

admins_simple.ini Immunity Question

Hi :-)

First I wanna say that I read the wiki on the admins_simple.ini
and it is very good, although I have a question:

I have 2 admins on my dedicated server and here they are in the admins_simple.ini:

"STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxx" "99:z"
"STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxx" "90:z"

Everything works great. The first admin has all privileges and so does the second, but the Problem is: The second admin is able to set the first admin on fire and beacon him and stuff through the ingame admin menu.
I thought that because the first admin has a higher immunity level (99) than the second admin (90) ... He should not be able to be targeted by the second admin. I'm sure that I have just missed something, and if someone could please shed some light on this for me, I would be very much appreciative. Also, what does the 0:0 mean in STEAM_0:0??

Thanks Very Much in Advance :-)

Xp3r7 06-30-2009 23:45

Re: admins_simple.ini Immunity Question

Taken right from admin_levels.cfg:

Quote:

/**
* Root is a magic access flag that grants all permissions.
* This should only be given to trusted administrators.
* Root users can target anyone regardless of immunity,
* however, they themselves are not automatically immune.
*/
"root" "z"

XBlade_RunnerX 07-01-2009 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xp3r7 (Post 861359)
Taken right from admin_levels.cfg:

Thanks Very much for replying :)

So if I understand this correctly, If I set these 2 admins:

"STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxx" "99:z"
"STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxx" "90:abcdefghijklmn"

Would the 90 Immunity Admin be able to target the 99 Immunity admin?
If not, can you help me with a way to give all privs to both admins, but only allow one of them to target? Much appreciation in advance :)

bl4nk 07-01-2009 12:18

It depends on what you set "sm_immunity_mode" to in your ~/cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg file.

XBlade_RunnerX 07-01-2009 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4nk (Post 861694)
It depends on what you set "sm_immunity_mode" to in your ~/cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg file.

The sm_immunity_mode defaults to 1 which is "Protect From Admins Of Lower access Only" which I haven't touched. Do I have to remove the z flag from both admins in order to make the one with the higher immunity level immune?? I think I mentioned above that I am new. I have read the notes, but still don't understand and just need someone to explain it to me in "Noob-Terms". Bl4nk, I think maybe you missed my very first post, and didn't realize that my latest question directly pertained to the z flag... Thanks for the responce though :)

XBlade_RunnerX 07-02-2009 13:20

Also, what does the 0:0 mean in STEAM_0:0??

I have seen in some examples people use 0:1 aswell.... What is the difference and what do these values represent?

bl4nk 07-03-2009 01:51

According to steamclientpublic.h:

PHP Code:

// Steam universes.  Each universe is a self-contained Steam instance.
enum EUniverse
{

k_EUniverseInvalid 0,

k_EUniversePublic 1,

k_EUniverseBeta 2,

k_EUniverseInternal 3,

k_EUniverseDev 4,

k_EUniverseRC 5,

k_EUniverseMax
};

// Steam account types
enum EAccountType
{

k_EAccountTypeInvalid 0,            

k_EAccountTypeIndividual 1,        // single user account

k_EAccountTypeMultiseat 2,        // multiseat (e.g. cybercafe) account

k_EAccountTypeGameServer 3,        // game server account

k_EAccountTypeAnonGameServer 4,    // anonymous game server account

k_EAccountTypePending 5,            // pending

k_EAccountTypeContentServer 6,    // content server

k_EAccountTypeClan 7,

k_EAccountTypeChat 8,

k_EAccountTypeP2PSuperSeeder 9,    // a fake steamid used by superpeers to seed content to users of Steam P2P stuff

// Max of 16 items in this field

k_EAccountTypeMax
}; 

STEAM_X:Y:ZZZZ

X = Account type
Y = Steam "universe" (public/beta/etc)
Z = 32-bit account id

XBlade_RunnerX 07-03-2009 02:57

Wow, This is very interesting indeed.
Thank you so much for this info.
I guess 1:1 would make the most sense then... I always had it at 0:0... although I'm not sure how, if at all it would maybe affect the outcome.. Thanks a lot.. I was very curious about that..

I know this is way off topic, but now that I have someone who really knows what they are talking about, I wonder if I could ask you a question about my L4d Dedicated Server:

The only way I seem to be able to open my server to the public (Matchmaking Players) is if I have the sv_allow_lobby_connect_only "1" I also have sm_cvar sv_hosting_lobby "0"

My question is: Although this seems to work flawlessly to have players connect to my l4d server, it only works if I join first. My server can sit idle for weeks with no joiners, but as soon as I connect, players flood in. Is there any way possible to open my server up to the public without me first entering the game? I want to have my server public so that others can enjoy it while I am not around, but they can't join unless I join first. I know this probably seems elementary to you, but please respond with an answer for me, as I am out of ideas. Thanks again for your previous input, as it was very helpful :) Thanks again in advance.

bl4nk 07-03-2009 04:11

Sorry, I should have added a bit more info on the subject.

The normal SteamID pattern follows one of the following:
STEAM_0:0:XXXXX
STEAM_0:1:XXXXX

The difference between the two is just so that there can be more SteamIDs available. It honestly doesn't really mean anything if there's a 0 or a 1 there. It's randomly generated when you create your account.

The thing is that with the release of L4D came new SteamID formats:
STEAM_1:0:XXXXX
STEAM_1:1:XXXXX

My SteamID in any other Source-based mod is STEAM_0:0:15922928, but in L4D it's STEAM_1:0:15922928. Why they changed it, I have no idea, but it created some problems back when L4D was first released.

DontWannaName 07-03-2009 04:51

I thought they used to be given out in order with the lowest numbers first. If there can be 1 million people with 0 then by changing that 1 number there can be another 1 million.