AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceBans / SourceBans++ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   SourceBans error connecting (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=330525)

painlesstgp 02-08-2021 08:00

SourceBans error connecting

This is the weirdest thing, i've tried swapping wherever i host my sourcebans panel to make it quicker, so i got a new domain and a new webhosting grabbed the newest website from sb++ github, then installed it successfully, then i went and dragged in all the latest game plugins aswell, restarted server, then i went on sourcebans page and added my server with the IP and RCON, I also swapped the ServerID to 1 in the .cfg, then also restarted it again but it's still saying "Error connecting (IP:27015)"

I have tried everything, and it doesn't wanna work and i am setting it up exactly the same as before, yes the server can connect to my database (i wildcarded remote host), cause there is 0 errors server-side in error log and when doing sm plugins list in RCON.

If anyone can help me sort this out, I will be eternally grateful.

Kind regards, painless.

paulo_crash 02-08-2021 09:28

Re: SourceBans error connecting

Quote:

Originally Posted by painlesstgp (Post 2736132)
This is the weirdest thing, i've tried swapping wherever i host my sourcebans panel to make it quicker, so i got a new domain and a new webhosting grabbed the newest website from sb++ github, then installed it successfully, then i went and dragged in all the latest game plugins aswell, restarted server, then i went on sourcebans page and added my server with the IP and RCON, I also swapped the ServerID to 1 in the .cfg, then also restarted it again but it's still saying "Error connecting (IP:27015)"

I have tried everything, and it doesn't wanna work and i am setting it up exactly the same as before, yes the server can connect to my database (i wildcarded remote host), cause there is 0 errors server-side in error log and when doing sm plugins list in RCON.

If anyone can help me sort this out, I will be eternally grateful.

Kind regards, painless.

~
Everything indicates, as I understand it, that you are using a shared hosting, it does have some limitations.

Do the test debugging connection you have on sourcebans and see if you can connect normally, any error shows there.

https://sbpp.dev/docs/debugging_connection/

This file comes with the sourcebans web part, just configure and then enter this page.

painlesstgp 02-08-2021 10:52

Got this:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server IP:27015

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection
[+] UDP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to the socket
[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[-] Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked.

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection
[-] Error connecting #111: Connection refused

TomL. 02-08-2021 11:35

Ask your host to unblock the port.

kills 02-12-2021 13:29

Good evening! so as not to open a new topic !! does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
I only have access through the cpannel.
thanks

Compose autoload not found! Run `composer install` in the root directory of your SourceBans++ installation

paulo_crash 02-12-2021 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by kills (Post 2736633)
Good evening! so as not to open a new topic !! does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
I only have access through the cpannel.
thanks

Compose autoload not found! Run `composer install` in the root directory of your SourceBans++ installation

In this case your web host has to install Composer on your hosting, specifically in the directory where you installed sourcebans.

bid 02-21-2021 04:18

Hi guys I have the same problem the sb_debug_connection.php show me this:

Code:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 62.113.241.66:25000

[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[-] Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked.

[+] TCP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to TCP socket and authenticate via rcon
[+] Successfully sent authentication request. Reading...
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

What can I do?

paulo_crash 02-21-2021 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bid (Post 2737675)
Hi guys I have the same problem the sb_debug_connection.php show me this:

Code:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 62.113.241.66:25000

[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

What can I do?

Same thing for you, release the UDP port, contact your web hosting and ask to unblock the UDP & TCP ports of your CSGO server, if that alone solves your problem.

DarenArk 09-05-2021 10:31

Hi.
Need help please.
I have the same problem but when there are players on my server all works fine for now.
And only when server is empty and hibernating I get "Error connecting".
So where should I look for a problem?

sb connection test is ok
[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server ******
[+] Got an response! Server: ******
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

I found this thread, but don't understand what problem was there.
Quote:

Problem solved!

As @rumblefrog and @CrazyHackGUT mentioned, it would be problem with the same hosting host, I changed the host and problem solved.

OBS: They blocked all UDP and TCP ports.
So what is OBS?
And what is same hosting host?

paulo_crash 09-05-2021 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarenArk (Post 2757001)
Hi.
Need help please.
I have the same problem but when there are players on my server all works fine for now.
And only when server is empty and hibernating I get "Error connecting".
So where should I look for a problem?

sb connection test is ok
[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server ******
[+] Got an response! Server: ******
[+] Got an response!
[+] Password correct!

I found this thread, but don't understand what problem was there.

So what is OBS?
And what is same hosting host?

Most web hosting, at least in my country, block UDP & TCP ports, so it shows this error above.

This is your problem your web hosting (company that host your websites) has to release these UDP & TCP ports, or you must hire a VPS and use it to host your websites.