AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286227)

luki1412 08-11-2016 16:33

[ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)

1 Attachment(s)
Description:
This plugin provides basic "reserved slots" using Connect. No need to "reserve" slots when using this plugin, because you dont need them. Everyone can use all slots. If the server is full, an admin can connect through console. The plugin will kick someone(players without reservation flags, spectators selected first) out.

I needed a simple reserved slots plugin where all slots are available to everyone, but people with reservation flag could still connect, even if the server is full(through console). So, I just modified the plugin from https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72322, because it could do exactly what I wanted, but it uses a different extension. I updated the plugin so it uses Connect, new syntax, added a cvar for kick reason and a couple of optimizations. I know about H-Reserved, but its outdated and not maintained anymore.

Connect is an extension, required for this plugin to function. It only supports a limited number of games. More info about the extension and games it supports, can be found in the main thread - here

Cvars:
PHP Code:

sm_brsc_version  //version cvar, dont touch
sm_brsc_enabled 1 //enables/disables this plugin
sm_brsc_type 1 //Who gets kicked out: 1 - Highest ping player, 2 - Longest connection time player, 3 - Random player
sm_brsc_reason "Kicked to make room for an admin" //Reason used when kicking players 

Installation:

Credits:
asherkin - for creating Connect
pRED - for the original plugin

Changelog:

my11 08-12-2016 12:57

Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)

but if don't want to kick a player, and just use the reserved slot for admin?

luki1412 08-12-2016 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by my11 (Post 2444404)
but if don't want to kick a player, and just use the reserved slot for admin?

It doesnt kick players if the server isnt full. There are no reserved slots. It kicks players when the server is full and an admin is trying to connect. Old style of reserved slots - all slots are used, but admins can still connect.

AbraCadabra 08-13-2016 19:35

Plugin can kick other admins/vip players (if server is full)? or he kick only players w/o privileges ?

Franc1sco 08-13-2016 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbraCadabra (Post 2444719)
Plugin can kick other admins/vip players (if server is full)? or he kick only players w/o privileges ?

Looking at the code, the plugin dont kick root admins and admins with "a" flag (reservation access).

luki1412 08-14-2016 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbraCadabra (Post 2444719)

It ignores bots, root admins, admins with reservation flag or you can use sm_reskick_immunity override. Spectators are picked first.

Hinex 08-17-2016 05:26

[SM] Unable to load extension "connect.ext": /home/whiskey/serverfiles/insurgency/addons/sourcemod/extensions/connect.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[SM] Unable to load plugin "basic_reserved_slots_using_connect.smx": Required extension "Connect" file("connect.ext") not running

Cooky 08-17-2016 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinex (Post 2445498)
[SM] Unable to load extension "connect.ext": /home/whiskey/serverfiles/insurgency/addons/sourcemod/extensions/connect.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[SM] Unable to load plugin "basic_reserved_slots_using_connect.smx": Required extension "Connect" file("connect.ext") not running

Read again and it will solve your problem...

Nolongerinthegame 08-22-2016 12:56

Luki you can change your opening post so it shows Connect as a dependancy, just so its more clear (re above) :)

Nice mod by the way.

luki1412 08-23-2016 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelioneil (Post 2447310)
Luki you can change your opening post so it shows Connect as a dependancy, just so its more clear (re above) :)

Nice mod by the way.

Its in the description, name of the plugin, title of this thread and installation instructions. Wanted to add it in the plugin dependencies as well, but I need its ID. Only plugins seem to have IDs, so I cant.