AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331681)

r4f4w 04-01-2021 13:37

It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container?

So, I downloaded csgo files on my Linux server, created a volume to redirect to them (so I don't need to download the game files for every new container), and it's working perfectly.

But, what i want to do is add for example a file in the csgo folder, only in the container, as if I add some plugin, only this the cointainer that I added would be possible to acess it.

Example:
Volume to Container 1 - Source /home/csgo/ - Target ./
then I add
./addons/sourcemod/plugins/retakes.smx

Then if I create Container 2, make the same volume, and go to the same folder, this retakes.smx would not be there.

This way, I can add multiple config files to the same folder and will be no conflict with the others containers.

Is that possible? And if it is, how do I start? Any docs/forums that I would help?

As for now, I create a new csgo folder just to add some plugins (Retakes and Pug for example), but that sucks because I have to download an extra 25GB of game files, and have to update each of them individually.

TomL. 04-01-2021 14:29

Re: It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container?

In my opinion using something like symlink/mklink for the csgo files would make more sense.
If you are looking for a sourcemod related solution have a read here.

r4f4w 04-01-2021 15:16

Re: It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2742663)
In my opinion using something like symlink/mklink for the csgo files would make more sense.

Thank you TomL! I think this symlink/mklink it was what i was looking for. I'll take a look and return if I can make it work.

But I entered the link you sent, but I don't understand when it says:
SourceMod does not support running more than one server from the same SourceMod installation

Because I actually run 6 servers on the same csgo/sourcemod installation, and it works just fine.

r4f4w 04-01-2021 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2742663)

If I use +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2, what would happen with cfg/sourcemod?

Maybe it would "understand" that it has to use cfg/sourcemod2? Or it would use the same?

Maybe has another command for the cfg folder?

TomL. 04-02-2021 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4f4w (Post 2742672)
Thank you TomL! I think this symlink/mklink it was what i was looking for. I'll take a look and return if I can make it work.

But I entered the link you sent, but I don't understand when it says:
SourceMod does not support running more than one server from the same SourceMod installation

Because I actually run 6 servers on the same csgo/sourcemod installation, and it works just fine.

Not supported means it was not designed to be used in that way and if you do it anyway you may experience issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4f4w (Post 2742698)
If I use +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod2, what would happen with cfg/sourcemod?

Maybe it would "understand" that it has to use cfg/sourcemod2? Or it would use the same?

Maybe has another command for the cfg folder?

No, but you can use a workaround to set different cvars for the same plugins.

If you want to save disk space I recommend you to use symlink.

r4f4w 04-22-2021 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL. (Post 2742719)
Not supported means it was not designed to be used in that way and if you do it anyway you may experience issues.

No, but you can use a workaround to set different cvars for the same plugins.

If you want to save disk space I recommend you to use symlink.

I managed to make it work with +sm_basepath, but with the problem that i can't create another cfg folder, wich makes no sense, because a lot of plugins (including sourcemod), uses the cfg/sourcemod folder. It would make more sense if there was a +sm_cfgbasepath or something.

Without that, i have to change ever single plugin to use the new cfg older, so this makes +sm_basepath pretty much useless.

r4f4w 04-22-2021 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4f4w (Post 2744792)
I managed to make it work with +sm_basepath, but with the problem that i can't create another cfg folder, wich makes no sense, because a lot of plugins (including sourcemod), uses the cfg/sourcemod folder. It would make more sense if there was a +sm_cfgbasepath or something.

Without that, i have to change ever single plugin to use the new cfg older, so this makes +sm_basepath pretty much useless.

Finally i did it!!

Using symlink it worked exactly as i wanted (not gonna lie i was having a hard time to figure out how to do it the way i wanted :lol: )