AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HL1 Servers (HLDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   [Error]Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=181586)

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 03:47

[Error]Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, As the title says.... Not only do i keep geeting this anoying popout window and error but my server won't show up on the steam servers list too... this is sad :cry:
Code:

Setmaster unavailable, start a server first.

Connection to Steam servers successful.
  VAC secure mode is activated.
Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

neoRT 03-31-2012 03:52

Re: [Error]Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update.

Your server is outdated. Update your server using hldsupdatetool.

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 04:01

Re: [Error]Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoRT (Post 1679036)

Done that, even did it to an empty folder but still getting the same error...

Baghi 03-31-2012 04:02

This is known issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoRT (Post 1679036)

This is not going to help.

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 04:36

Looking like a waste for me for getting cs p48 on steam... I should had just stick to p47 non-steam with no headache...

Baghi 03-31-2012 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyjohn (Post 1679047)
Looking like a waste for me for getting cs p48 on steam... I should had just stick to p47 non-steam with no headache...

haha, you should have paid for the license little bit earlier to enjoy the awesomeness of support.

Wait.. I'm going to downgrade my test hlds engine and see if it works.

edit:
Yeah, it works (tested for about ~8 minutes or so). :D

http://i.imgur.com/AtcKt.png

But the problem is... My engine is wayyy outdated. :(

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baghi (Post 1679055)
haha, you should have paid for the license little bit earlier to enjoy the awesomeness of support.

Wait.. I'm going to downgrade my test hlds engine and see if it works.

edit:
Yeah, it works (tested for about ~8 minutes or so). :D

http://i.imgur.com/AtcKt.png

But the problem is... My engine is wayyy outdated. :(

1.1.2.6??? mine is the same..
is it possible for you to upload your server files?

Baghi 03-31-2012 05:44

Yes I can but it's not advisable to use an old build. I'll post the link after an hour or two.

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baghi (Post 1679075)
Yes I can but it's not advisable to use an old build. I'll post the link after an hour or two.

Alright Thanks Man, What protocol is yours 47 or 48? and is it steam only version or non-steam + steam support?

Baghi 03-31-2012 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyjohn (Post 1679209)
Alright Thanks Man, What protocol is yours 47 or 48? and is it steam only version or non-steam + steam support?

Non-steam and protocol 47. :D

Lol, j/k. Of course it's Steam only and protocol 48. It is/was the initial release of protocol 48 on October 24, 2008 (the very first update after pv47). I extracted the files from my dedicated server.gcf using GCF Escape by Nem's tools.

Beware: All older exploit may work in this build (incl. full-update spam, autobuy bug, cmd_dlfile, and etc). Of course fixes are available. :P

Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?agib6b6p97cx8l6

Thanks to Valve for these binaries. ;)

Edit:
FYI, just checked, Linux servers are not effected by this problem.

jeremyjohn 03-31-2012 13:37

Still the same... this is really sad...

Baghi 03-31-2012 13:45

Whuaaaaaaaaaaat? Delete everything in your root directory (incl. InstallRecord.blob) then cp these binaries.

jeremyjohn 04-01-2012 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baghi (Post 1679322)
Whuaaaaaaaaaaat? Delete everything in your root directory (incl. InstallRecord.blob) then cp these binaries.

As is? just run the files from the zipper file? it won't even startup... it needs the cstrike folder i think

Baghi 04-01-2012 03:54

Oh sorry man, just delete the binaries and keep the folders (cstrike, valve, platform...).

jeremyjohn 04-01-2012 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baghi (Post 1679697)
Oh sorry man, just delete the binaries and keep the folders (cstrike, valve, platform...).

Another fail to startup error...
Is is possible if i used a non steam p48 or p47 with dproto to update the server in steam master list, setti master list and some manual set addmaster ips? will that work?