AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Family Sharing Management (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=247337)

YamiKaitou 08-31-2014 05:06

Family Sharing Management

1 Attachment(s)
Family Sharing Management

Platform: AMXModX
Author: YamiKaitou
License: GPLv3

Requirements
HTTP2 (Include file)

Description
* Ability to log players who connect using a shared game, including the SteamID of the game's owner. Log is saved in the AMXX Logs folder as family-sharing.log
* Ability to kick players who join using a shared game

Commands
N/A

CVars
* sv_apikey "apikey" - Your Steam Web API Key. Obtain one at http://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
* share_log 1 - Log connections of shared game users, includes the SteamID of the game's owner.
* share_kick 0 - Kick players who connect using a shared game.

GinNNy 08-31-2014 12:37

Re: Family Sharing Management

YEAAAAAH!
Yami's first public plugin.
Nice idea !.

fysiks 08-31-2014 13:39

Is there something inherently bad about family sharing that would necessitate this plugin?

Flick3rR 08-31-2014 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2192299)
Is there something inherently bad about family sharing that would necessitate this plugin?

Well, like an admin forcing his players to buy the game and stimulate Steam. :D
Btw, pretty impressed, first public plugin!
Good job.

fysiks 08-31-2014 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick3rR (Post 2192310)
Well, like an admin forcing his players to buy the game and stimulate Steam.

LOL. Obviously Steam created Family Sharing for a reason knowing the potential downfalls of such a system. I don't think we need to stimulate Steam by preventing a feature that they themselves added.

tonykaram1993 08-31-2014 17:00

Does using family sharing means you will not be using your steam id but you will be using your family member's id? Forgive me for not knowing this since I have never used that feature and never asked about it until now.

YamiKaitou 08-31-2014 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinNNy (Post 2192274)
Yami's first public plugin.

Quote:

Btw, pretty impressed, first public plugin!

2nd plugin submitted (3rd if you count AMX_Super Menu). But I've done a few requests before as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2192312)
Quote:

Well, like an admin forcing his players to buy the game and stimulate Steam. :D

LOL. Obviously Steam created Family Sharing for a reason knowing the potential downfalls of such a system. I don't think we need to stimulate Steam by preventing a feature that they themselves added.

I guess that is one way to look at it, but that was not one I was thinking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fysiks (Post 2192299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonykaram1993 (Post 2192358)
Does using family sharing means you will not be using your steam id but you will be using your family member's id? Forgive me for not knowing this since I have never used that feature and never asked about it until now.

Family Sharing can be used to get around Bans (maybe VAC bans, the FAQ claims you can't share VAC Banned games though). The base idea for this plugin came from a few SourceMod plugins that do similar things (though using SteamWorks instead of the WebAPI)

Example:
Account1 has SteamID STEAM_0:0:136994
Account2 has SteamID STEAM_0:1:63289657
If Account1 shares games with Account2, Account2 will still use its SteamID despite playing a shared game. This means that if you ban Account1's SteamID, Account2 will still be allowed to play on your server. People could potentially create a new Steam Account, gain access to Account1's Shared Games, and then come back and play on your server.

fysiks 09-01-2014 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiKaitou (Post 2192380)
Example:
Account1 has SteamID STEAM_0:0:136994
Account2 has SteamID STEAM_0:1:63289657
If Account1 shares games with Account2, Account2 will still use its SteamID despite playing a shared game. This means that if you ban Account1's SteamID, Account2 will still be allowed to play on your server. People could potentially create a new Steam Account, gain access to Account1's Shared Games, and then come back and play on your server.

Well, that is a crappy side effect of sharing games. Maybe that is how some people are claiming they can get infinite SteamIDs (without having to purchase the game), it all makes sense now.

If I see the issue happening on the server that I play on, I will definitely consider this.

zmd94 09-01-2014 01:11

By the way, nice plugin. I'll will consider to put it in my server. ;)

Keep up the good works!

Jhob94 09-01-2014 06:13

This idea seems interesting, but wouldnt seem fair to kick someone with family sharing and that doesn't cheats.
This plugin would be great if you add a feature to check if the user has some VAC ban.
Also a nick notification or some log file would be nice for admins take more attention to that players.