AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Wallhack Module (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158618)

CenT 06-07-2011 08:29

Wallhack Module

I like to know more about the wallhack module:

- the module wallhack it blocks those who use it?
- it is supposed to ban?
- persons concerned are displayed in smac.log?

Thank you.

klausenbusk 06-07-2011 11:34

Re: Wallhack Module

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenT (Post 1482904)
I like to know more about the wallhack module:

- the module wallhack it blocks those who use it?
- it is supposed to ban?
- persons concerned are displayed in smac.log?

Thank you.

Zephyrus 06-07-2011 15:34

it checks what a player can see, and transmit entities according to that, it cant detect whether someone is using wallhack, it just renders it unusable

BartholomewPSkibbenheims 06-08-2011 08:50

Months back I ran KAC with this enabled but it caused people to "pop" around corners. Kind of like teleport around corners. Apparently some timing issue with the module deciding when to allow the client to see the person rounding a corner. Is this issue still present with SMAC?

GoD-Tony 06-08-2011 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BartholomewPSkibbenheims (Post 1483560)
Months back I ran KAC with this enabled but it caused people to "pop" around corners. Kind of like teleport around corners. Apparently some timing issue with the module deciding when to allow the client to see the person rounding a corner. Is this issue still present with SMAC?

Some changes have been made since then, but it's still possible that it could happen. I would only recommend running this module on a server <= 24 players. Large servers seem to increase the chances of this happening.

Mister_Magotchi 06-12-2011 21:53

For a long time I had used the anti-wallhack feature of KAC on a 24-man server. It combined with 100 tick seemed to dramatically exacerbate that disappearing (or randomly appearing) players bug as Barth. is talking about, described more in detail by me here.

Would you say the changes to the module are likely to have corrected this issue?

GoD-Tony 06-13-2011 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi (Post 1486874)
Would you say the changes to the module are likely to have corrected this issue?

You're welcome to try it out, but with a setup like that, my guess is that the issue will still be there.

CenT 06-13-2011 10:19

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi (Post 1486874)
For a long time I had used the anti-wallhack feature of KAC on a 24-man server. It combined with 100 tick seemed to dramatically exacerbate that disappearing (or randomly appearing) players bug as Barth. is talking about, described more in detail by me here.

this problem still exists:) I saw him yesterday on the activation of small server!

I activated it on a big server 40 slots unintentionally, I noted with errors in the error log file. See attachment

GoD-Tony 06-13-2011 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenT (Post 1487239)
I activated it on a big server 40 slots unintentionally, I noted with errors in the error log file. See attachment

It looks like SDKHook_WeaponDrop is returning values over the max. Not sure why it would be doing that though.

From r83:
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic
In addition, if SDKHooks is saying that ents over the max are being created, it's either a bug in SDKHooks or the server is about to crash.

Maybe psychonic will have to look into this.

psychonic 06-13-2011 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoD-Tony (Post 1487299)
It looks like SDKHook_WeaponDrop is returning values over the max. Not sure why it would be doing that though.

From r83:
Maybe psychonic will have to look into this.

I'd be very interested in seeing what index it was giving as well as the classname of the entity at that index if it is valid.

I will add some debug code in a bit to log if it's out of the expected range. Also will add a check so that it will not err in the meantime.