AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2]NoValveHax (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=172947)

ILOVEPIE 11-27-2011 20:47

[TF2]NoValveHax

1 Attachment(s)
NoValveHax 1.0.0.0

Version Cvar:
NoValveHax_version

This plugin blocks the following commands to even the odds against a valve employee.

• condump_on - this is a hidden disguised command that enables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
  • condump_off - this is a hidden disguised command that disables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
  • addcond - hidden command to give players conditions like kritskreig or ubered
  • removecond - hidden command to remove players' conditions
  • mp_playgesture
  • mp_playanimation

Credits:
  • Asherkin - helping me with IDA dissasembler and pointing me in the right direction.
  • Valve - for understanding why this plugin is necessary.

psychonic 11-27-2011 21:15

Re: [TF2]NoValveHax

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILOVEPIE (Post 1603910)
  • addcond - hidden command to give players conditions like kritskreig or ubered
  • removecond - hidden command to remove players' conditions
  • mp_playgesture
  • mp_playanimation

These require cheats to be on no matter who you are, and can be used by anyone when cheats are enabled.

Quote:

• use_action_slot_item_server - it has something to do with changing which item server you are connected to

No it doesn't. There's separate client and server commands that get executed when using your item in the action slot (ie. noisemakers, some taunts). That's the server part of it. I would be surprised if people can still use those with that blocked.

Quote:

• extendfreeze

What's wrong with this? It extends the kill cam freeze when taking a screenshot.

Quote:

• condump_on - this is a hidden disguised command that enables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
  • condump_off - this is a hidden disguised command that disables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee

Better blocked by one of the generalized command blocker plugins rather than having a single plugin just for them.

It looks like you just went through CTFPlayer::ClientCommand and blocked anything that you didn't recognize.

ILOVEPIE 11-27-2011 21:21

Quote:

I should probably add asherkin to the credits because he pointed me towards the parts of the server code that contained these commands.

ILOVEPIE 11-27-2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1603912)
What's wrong with this? It extends the kill cam freeze when taking a screenshot.

oops my bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1603912)
No it doesn't. There's separate client and server commands that get executed when using your item in the action slot (ie. noisemakers, some taunts). That's the server part of it. I would be surprised if people can still use those with that blocked.

I will remove these two from the list of ones it blocks.
I think i confused the code with some other code sorry :/

Edit: done i removed those two

Dr. McKay 11-28-2011 15:23

This plugin made me wonder, is it possible to add the "Valve Employee-ness" condition to players via SourceMod? I know there's already PowerPlay plugins and stuff so it'd be kinda pointless, but It'd be fun once or twice to use hidden Valve HAX commands.

psychonic 11-28-2011 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1604324)
This plugin made me wonder, is it possible to add the "Valve Employee-ness" condition to players via SourceMod? I know there's already PowerPlay plugins and stuff so it'd be kinda pointless, but It'd be fun once or twice to use hidden Valve HAX commands.

That's what the condump_on/condump_off is, powerplay. Everything else is pointless to block as it's legit or requires cheats and has no valve bypass.

ILOVEPIE 11-28-2011 18:20

Quote:

Um that is impossible(in sourcemod), there is a list of valid steam-ids built into the server that allows only valve employees to use this command

psychonic 11-28-2011 18:40

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILOVEPIE (Post 1604403)
Um that is impossible

hardly

Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <tf2> public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("condump_on", condump_on);     RegConsoleCmd("condump_off", condump_off); } public Action:condump_on(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, true);     }     return Plugin_Handled; } public Action:condump_off(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, false);     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

That's all it does short of a steamid check and a console print.

Dr. McKay 11-28-2011 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 1604412)
hardly

Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <tf2> public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("condump_on", condump_on);     RegConsoleCmd("condump_off", condump_off); } public Action:condump_on(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, true);     }     return Plugin_Handled; } public Action:condump_off(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, false);     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

That's all it does short of a steamid check and a console print.

Well, I was just wondering if there was a way to make TF2 itself think you were an actual Valve employee, instead of replicating the functionality. I know it doesn't make a difference either way, but there's just something about it for me.

ILOVEPIE 11-28-2011 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. McKay (Post 1604422)
Well, I was just wondering if there was a way to make TF2 itself think you were an actual Valve employee, instead of replicating the functionality. I know it doesn't make a difference either way, but there's just something about it for me.

yes there is it just requires writing a metamod source plugin to edit the steam-id list, but it is rather useless considering we can bypass the powerplay function by just giving ourselves those conditions.