AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   CS:S DM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Any Linux Admins running latest CSSDM w/o crashes? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=44628)

lex_talionis 09-09-2006 20:53

Any Linux Admins running latest CSSDM w/o crashes?

For all Linux admins that run CSSDM smoothly, can you please state your config i.e. Just CSSDM or CSSDM with x-version mani, or CSSDM and statsmemin, or CSSDM with Mani using custom model skins..etc. etc.?

Thanks,
Lex

LyteFly 09-09-2006 21:50

Re: Any Linux Admins running latest CSSDM w/o crashes?

Mani v1.1.0zi, MM:S v1.3, CS:S DM v0.95, STRP v1.01 - also running Mattie Eventscripts and Mani is running non-MetaMod. I have no custom skins.

No problems...

lex_talionis 09-09-2006 23:31

LyteFly...thank you for for answering to exactly what I asked. I may roll back to mani 1.1.0zi (is zi MetaMod capable...I forgot that far back?), if so, the do you use it in metamod mode or non-metamod mode?

Lex

WDA_Machine 09-10-2006 03:28

running: v1.0.0.30 (Linux, Dedicated, Protocol 7)
AddOns: Mani v1.2BetaN, MM:S v1.3, EventScripts v1.1.0.005, CS:S DM v0.95

Not running mani (RC2-6) as metamod and it works fine this way.

lex_talionis 09-10-2006 09:36

kewl...so...

i've tried mani 2-6 as metamod (removed vdf too) and non-metamod with skins and it crashes everytime...so custom model skins are a big NO.

now, because I'm doing the exact same thing wte of running goremod and jetpack and still getting a good number of crashes (1 crash every 2 maps), i tried taking goremod out first and the crashes, i though, went completely away...huge improvement, but then i saw a sporatic crash, so now i'm testing w/o jetpack

thanks for the help guys!
lex

SideShow 09-11-2006 17:46

Im haveing the same problem. the last time when it was runing stable was when i was useing version M.
From what it looks like. something changed in mani that could be causeing the crash. I just dont know for sure.

SideShow 09-11-2006 23:02

I just finished running a huge test.
When It was just DM.95 running by itself then The server runned NO PROBLEMS.
But When I loaded MANI Ver.N. And then ENABLED the CSSDM the server crashed.

There is definately a problem with Mani interfearing with CSSDM. But One one in Mani forums Can confirm this for me.

[[Skunk]] 09-14-2006 06:54

Im getting the same issues on my linux server, ive tryed both mani_admin_plugin_mm_i486.so and the usuall non mm mani "latest revision" and both ways couse random crashes, remove mani and all is well again..
Has anyone got a stable linux setup or can tell me which mani to use to stop the crashing ?

ty :)

caveman 09-16-2006 12:55

Mani v1.2BetaN, MM:S v1.3, EventScripts v1.1.1.015, CS:S DM v0.95, WC3 v2.0

1.2BetaN RC2-6 SMM mode.

Only time it crashed in last few weeks is I run stripper source, um cant remember the version but its old, new version suxs imo and doesnt work correct either.

yeah sry i use stripper to remove all the doors that randomly close on cs_havana, it crashed when i was testing that, i tried to remove the logic statements that control the doors, doing this crashed the server so i just removed the doors themself and it all seems to work fine

[[Skunk]] 09-16-2006 13:06

you running linux and what flavour ?