AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Surf Boost (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=65854)

Cheap_Suit 01-18-2008 04:28

Surf Boost

4 Attachment(s)
.: Description :.

Give's extra boost when surfing. Make's surfing alot easier if your having some troubles.

.: Client Command :.

say /boost - enable/disable boost.

.: Admin Command :.

amx_boost - usage: <playerID> <0|1> | set's player boost state

.: Cvars :.
amx_boostpublic(D:1) <0|1> - allow players to use the /boost command.
amx_boostmax(D:800) - max boost speed.
amx_boostgain(D:8) - speed gain.

.: History :.
  • Version 1.0 - Public release.

vittu 01-18-2008 04:41

Re: Surf Boost

What does this do differently than that jetpack thing? (which no offense, but I really didn't care for)

Cheap_Suit 01-18-2008 13:45

Besides the model and the effects, this one does it smoother plus it's more targeted to help beginners.

FuZ!on 01-18-2008 15:00

Is this kinda like going through a trigger push on a regular wave?

vittu 01-18-2008 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuZ!on (Post 575544)
Is this kinda like going through a trigger push on a regular wave?

Almost but not quite, this would speed you up in the direction you are going by where you are looking (except up/down). However, it only takes effect if you are moving between the speeds of 250 and amx_boostmax every .34 seconds.

I'm not sure why 250 because with a scout you run at a speed of 260 so that might cause an issue in avoiding boosting people that are running and not surfing (if that is the reason for it). Might be better for cheap suit to just check against being onground instead of min speed?

Hey cheap_suit what about doing like a bound key to boost that acts like a trigger_push only to be used if on a ramp, ie you press key for velocity boost. Can set a cooldown on it so it can't be used consecutively or even a number of uses. I'd think that would be a little more fun for players.

Cheap_Suit 01-18-2008 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by vittu (Post 575560)
Almost but not quite, this would speed you up in the direction you are going by where you are looking (except up/down). However, it only takes effect if you are moving between the speeds of 250 and amx_boostmax every .34 seconds.

I'm not sure why 250 because with a scout you run at a speed of 260 so that might cause an issue in avoiding boosting people that are running and not surfing (if that is the reason for it). Might be better for cheap suit to just check against being onground instead of min speed?

Hey cheap_suit what about doing like a bound key to boost that acts like a trigger_push only to be used if on a ramp, ie you press key for velocity boost. Can set a cooldown on it so it can't be used consecutively or even a number of uses. I'd think that would be a little more fun for players.

The 250 & 0.034 check is a way to check if a player is surfing. I also thought of that idea before releasing this but I already released the jetpack version of this long ago, which is a "fun" version.